cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 with no G-Sync, solved?

badhand386
Level 9
I purchased a g752 on the 5th and have been unable to get g-sync to work on the laptop. According to various reviewers and press releases all variations of the g752 model were said to have gsync support. I am discovering that unfortunately some variations may not actually have it. I have the G752VT-RH71 which may not have it after all? Strange considering the g752vt product page on Asus site says it does. I have been in contact with a few other users who also have had or witnessed this issue.

UPDATE:
After exchanging the laptop with another of the exact same model, my issue is now fixed. G752VT-RH71 officially supports G-sync

UPDATE 12/18/2015:
User Squeelz1234 has found that enabling optimized defaults in bios has enabled G-sync on multiple users laptops. Attempt this first before exchanging, there may be no need to do so anymore.
86 REPLIES 86

beststevie
Level 7
After I gave back the G751JT I ordered an ACER G9-791-75PV. Even they placed a gsync sticker at their advertisement, it's only valid for the external monitor. So it's not only an Asus thing!

cheers

steve

badhand386
Level 9
That would be valid if every review didn't mention the g-sync display.

escha
Level 7
hmm that's interesting, maybe that's their way to support users and push nvidia to provide g-sync drivers without gpu id restrictions...
Or it is simply some newest driver's issue.

check your hardware identification on graphic card properties, should be one of these (for 970m and 980m)
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1617&SUBSYS_22DA1043
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1618&SUBSYS_22DA1043

Do you have Optimus tech on this unit?
What is your screen panel?

escha wrote:
hmm that's interesting, maybe that's their way to support users and push nvidia to provide g-sync drivers without gpu id restrictions...
Or it is simply some newest driver's issue.

check your hardware identification on graphic card properties, should be one of these (for 970m and 980m)
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1617&SUBSYS_22DA1043
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1618&SUBSYS_22DA1043

Do you have Optimus tech on this unit?
What is your screen panel?

I'll check for that when I get home from work. It is not am Optimus issue. And the panel is manufactured by LG, but I can't find anything on the model.

What does Asus support have to say about this?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
What does Asus support have to say about this?

I am getting mixed responses. Telephone support says every model is supposed to support it, email response told me to plug in an external monitor in broken English. I am waiting for a final answer.

I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse, if tech support can't come up with an answer I would return it for replacement or refund also you might PM cl-albert he may have information on this issue he is our C customer L loyalty rep and is an Asus Employee. Again I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse, if tech support can't come up with an answer I would return it for replacement or refund also you might PM cl-albert he may have information on this issue he is our C customer L loyalty rep and is an Asus Employee. Again I wouldn't let the return to vendor time elapse.

I have no intention of getting stuck with it and cl-albert is working hard on the issue for me behind the scenes.

Hey everyone,
I went through three returns of the g752vt's from amazon and each of them kept coming wihtout GSync enabled. On the third one i tried to go into the bios and used F9 to optimize defaults...THIS WORKED! I'm unsure if it will work for others but i was very disapointed when i opened my third return to see No Gsync in the nvidia control panel.

If you are having this issue i would highly recommend trying the optimize defaults!

Update: just ran the pendulum demo flawlessly with Gsync!