cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn the voltage down on the Water Pump?

neiljwd
Level 7
New build, got a water AIO CPU cooler, and it's a bit loud. Connected via the boards specific pump connection. Is there a way to customise the amout of power it draws, the AUS fan program only sees fans, that I can tell, I'm not the most technically proficient, but I'm good at following instructions :p, if anyone knows please?
8 REPLIES 8

Has anyone got an answer to this please?

under advanced bios>monitor> qfan control, i can set the revs for temperatures, but not the voltage.
the volts shows 4 and my unit says a max of 3.

It's just so loud, i really hate it. great temps an OC, but i cant stand the noise. gonna have to fork out for a whole new cooling solution if i cant do this.
Please? I've tried living with it and acclimatizing for 2 weeks, but i just can't. It's awful.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi neiljwd

The Water Pump in closed loop systems are generally quiet by comparison to say 2x120mm fans or more, pushing air past a radiator. So why is the pump so loud?
I'm not in favor of turning the pump down in manual control. The pump should operate at its max or near max efficiency, to dissipate heat as fast as it can.
I can here my pump too, but only just and actually feel comfortable know it's doing its job.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Chino
Level 15
What you need to do is find out if you can even control the pump speed. Most AIOs run their pump at a constant speed.

Menthol
Level 14
What AIO?, is it the pump or the fans that are making the noise? you can plug the fans into the motherboard and control them separately from the pump

neiljwd
Level 7
Raijintek Triton, [sound measurement] (link).. Mines DEFINITELY louder.
It's 100% the pump making the annoying noise, does it when idle, and i can alter the noise (a bit) in q-fan by lowering the RPM's.
The fans are very distinctive and fan like when they kick in- which is rarely, just during Fallout4 load screens, fans have a separate connector and control fine.

Raja
Level 13
Set the pump header to DC, as it is a DC pump. Lowering the speed will reduce the voltage. However, the pump may not spin up after a certain point so you will have to work that out.

neiljwd
Level 7
Thank you, yeah I've done that, and it does affect it, but I still hate it.
Begining to think it's defective, no-one else reports this noise. 😞 Sadly can't return it, as using the dye (included) voids the warranty. Stupid system.
Leson learnt. Going to buy a nice air cooler now.