cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G752VL screen issue

Myzka
Level 7
Is there anyone else experiencing an issue with the screen being lighter in some areas? I did some research to learn it might be what they call a "mura" effect. I have this on my new ROG G752VL laptop at the bottom right-hand corner. See attached picture. The screen is on a completely black webpage. Notice the three greenish area on the bottom right. And no, those are not reflections of anything in my room

Is this normal or to be expected? Any information is helpful!

Thanks!
31 REPLIES 31

toronto699
Level 13
hmm that does not look good that's a problem what I see by your pic that is not normal . I asked if u had G-Sync . others are asking here is the thread
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78698-G752-with-no-G-Sync
Fatum I know the bleeding has nothing to do with G-Sync , there are reports the G752 does not have G-Sync

Oh, it is called "Light bleeding" (google images) and has nothing to do with G-sync. It shows that Asus quality control is an absolute crap because the panel was not properly "glued" to the chassis. That is why you can see light going between screen panel and chassis.

If it looks that bad in a bright room I even do not want to think how bad it looks in the dark. I would definitely return it.

I changed 4!!! G751JW laptops and each of them had this issue. In the end I just returned it for refund. I've been waiting for G752 and now you tell me that it has the same issue.

Damn, ASUS!!!!!

Fatum wrote:
Oh, it is called "Light bleeding" (google images) and has nothing to do with G-sync. It shows that Asus quality control is an absolute crap because the panel was not properly "glued" to the chassis. That is why you can see light going between screen panel and chassis.

If it looks that bad in a bright room I even do not want to think how bad it looks in the dark. I would definitely return it.

I changed 4!!! G751JW laptops and each of them had this issue. In the end I just returned it for refund. I've been waiting for G752 and now you tell me that it has the same issue.

Damn, ASUS!!!!!

We are aware his issue has nothing to do with G-Sync, his G-Sync related inquiry only had something to do with the fact that there are so limited users on here who own the laptop, and some of us who do are having G-Sync issues we are trying to solve. I do agree that he should return it instead of trying to fix it though. That's unacceptable.

Thanks for all your responses! I will be returning this product and reconsidering my choices.

As for the G-sync -- I'm sorry, but I'm a bit of a newb about it. I'm not sure if my computer has it or if it is working! I haven't noticed any tearing or such. Just the light bleeding.

Corporal
Level 9
The only way to fix it is to take the screen bezel off and modify it to lesser the pressure puts on the screen. I did just that on my g751jy. Obviously if ASUS sees it your warranty will be void.

Thats is not ok, you should send it back i have no light bleeding at all on mine....

Had this problem on my old notebook and I changed it. This is a really annoying issue..

deccauk
Level 7
How do you get the screen bezel off?

Corporal
Level 9
there are 4 screws on the bottom, covered by glued-on rubber pads. Unscrew them, then gently take it of, starting at the bottom.