cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1866 Mhz on Crosshair V Formula / Phenom II x6 1090T (BE)

Viem
Level 7
I've been looking for infos on how to make use of my dual channel RAM sticks which should perform at 1866 mhz @ 1,5 v @ 9-10-9-28-2N on my motherboard. I've found this post by Praz https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4045-Crosshair-V-memory-stability-Data-Base&p=28514&viewfu... but his tests are for 4x4 GBs setup. I have only 2x4Gbs.Other than that luckily the setup of the test posted back then used for stability testing and the one I use now are almost the same except the storage and the PSU.

Can someone please tell me if i follow the settings on screenshots from the above post, is it possible that I can make my machine work stable at 1866Mhz? What settings should I change in comparison of a 4x4GB vs 2x4GB setup of almost identical systems (same mobo,same RAM, same CPU)?

Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

wistryker
Level 7
Go for it and see what happens.

Viem
Level 7
I did, and the machine seems to like those settings. Now, I 'm in the process to torture test it to see its stability. Time will show.

Viem
Level 7
Today, while in game (after a couple of hours), my machine just turned off by itself like there was a power loss and wasn't booting at all, but only after two or three minutes. There really was no power loss at all since other stuff were working and in my opinion its because Northridge reached max safe temperatures. My system already showed high temps before the memory installation and configuration for 1866 and It has never shut down like that before..

Is there a way or guide to "safely" tune the board to make the temps of northbridge acceptable, but still have the advantage of memory sticks configured on the 1866 setting?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Viem, Welcome to ROG.
Sounds to me like 'she' overheated. You may want to keep an eye on your temps. and consider upgrading
your cooling.
Best of Luck. .c.

I fail to understand how you expect to get 1866 stable with a 3.7 processor without some massive cooling. I don't wanna assume what
type of mem you have. Is it same as compared system? But like My name says. I'm a bit clueless. My sys can run 1866 but I don't mess
around with much else. I worry about voltage issues
PC [BRICKED]
B]Motherboard ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 1200.5 MHz (DDR3-2400Graphics Card XFX Radeon R9 380 [BRICKED]

Laptop
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 4720HQChipsetIntel® HM87 Express Chipset Operating SystemWindows 10 HomeDisplay17.3" 16:9 IPS FHD (1920x1080) anti-glareGraphicsNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5Optical DriveSuper-Multi DVDStorage1TB HDD 7200 RPM(Dual HDD Support)