cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 Phoebus changes front/rear channels, Dolby not working at all

xamoel
Level 7
Hi,
I upgraded to win 10 from 7, with a clean new install. With Win 7 I sometimes had the Phoebus changing front/rear channels in my 5.1 setup, now it's happening again with the latest driver and Win 10.
Especially when starting youtube or videos, the sound goes from front left/right to rear left/right.

Furthermore, when I click the Dolby Digital thingy to costumize the sound, it says this version is incompatible with some part of my sound card, and won't start up.

Seriously, the Phoebus might sound nice, but the software is an utter POS.
Having to constantly switch channels because the software gets it wrong is annoying the hell out of me.
Especially because the same thing happened with Win 7, I filed several bug reports, installed tons of new drivers, nothing helped.

Definitely won't buy a Raid Strix, as it probably will suffer the same lack of QC.
2 REPLIES 2

Viem
Level 7
hello, have you tried to uninstall all realtek drivers from your machine prior installing phoebus drivers ? http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?16390-Xonar-Phoebus-FAQ-A-MUST-READ!

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Yeah old drivers probably, it should work fine if you sweep the drivers and reinstall again.