cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRam voltage adjustment to stabilise ram

Adampvp
Level 7
I've had freezing issues which have aparently been fixed by raising my dram voltage to the settings shown in the picture.

In short, I have achieved my xmp rated 1.2V by inputting a higher voltage, which then reads as 1.2 in the sensors.

I still have 2 questions however;

1) is it normal for there to be a difference between whatever dram voltage i input into bios and what the sensors read? If so, which should I go with/trust?

2) if it is normal, what sort of difference are people getting? is it always the same, or different between motherboards.

Thanks for the input.
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15

Thanks for the input,

I have searched a few videos on youtube and on all of them, there appears to be no variation between the values, and on auto dram voltage, the motherboard will supply a stable 1.2v. In my case, on auto, the board would supply 1.168 (according to sensors), and if i put 1.2v manually it would still only supply 1.168).

Can you perhaps jump into bios yourself and see if you have any difference? (assuming your build is stable).

Example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIweExETlI time: 7:45

elmonen
Level 7
Completely normal. Ihave 3000mhz 1.35v memory. Its set in bios 1.3530 and sensor reads 1.36. Also system agent voltage is set to 1.08750 but sensor shows 1.128

This is with Z170-a

Menthol
Level 14
I would say there is nothing to worry about, what are you using to read the voltage, there is 2 areas in the bios to set dram voltage, one I believe is eventual dram voltage. personally I always set my voltages .02 more than needed to assure stability

Menthol wrote:
I would say there is nothing to worry about, what are you using to read the voltage, there is 2 areas in the bios to set dram voltage, one I believe is eventual dram voltage. personally I always set my voltages .02 more than needed to assure stability

I am reading voltage in bios (it shows it on the left of where you input ram voltage as well as on the right side of the screen), as well as HWInfo64 in windows, both of which read the exact same value.

I only see one area to input dram voltage (this is the same box turning on XMP would enter dram voltage into), and as shown in the picture it is under extreme tweaker tab and called 'dram voltage'

Menthol
Level 14
If I remember correctly it is, Extreme Tweakers tab, Tweakers Paradise scroll down and look for eventual dram voltage, enter the XMP rated voltage hear then on the main page enter a little over this can help to get through memory training during post

This is in the Extreme bios but it is the same in the Hero, my other voltage setting is 1.4 volts but I am running 4 modules at 3600 to 3866 mhz ram speeds but you get the idea

If you look at the bios screen it says 1.376 volts and that is what AIDA 64 reads in Windows so it is lower than actual set in bios

Also the CPU voltage of 1.32, I have adaptive mode 1.30 volts entered with LLC of 4 or 5 don't remember but under load AIDA64 reads 1.312 so I have some faith in AIDA, either it is correct or reads from the same sensors as the bios, it's close enough for me to call it good