Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array Madness PC Specs
    Madness PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel core I7 6700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill RipJaws 4 32 gb ddr4
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX 3K 120 gb
    Storage #2Samsung evo 850 250 gb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CaseNZXT H440 Blue
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset Razer Kraken Pro
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    maximus VIII Hero

    Hello guys . When I listen to music (sometimes) there is a crackling in the sound .. I think that it is aiming, but not sure, and I can not solve the problem. (Motherboard has changed). Need your advice

  2. #2

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array Madness PC Specs
    Madness PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel core I7 6700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill RipJaws 4 32 gb ddr4
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX 3K 120 gb
    Storage #2Samsung evo 850 250 gb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CaseNZXT H440 Blue
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset Razer Kraken Pro
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Are you running the latest sound driver?
    Yes . And o change motherboard and have same issue help me some one please

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array JET.1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Hello guys . When I listen to music (sometimes) there is a crackling in the sound .. I think that it is aiming, but not sure, and I can not solve the problem. (Motherboard has changed). Need your advice

    1 weeks ago brought to buy this mobo , and after installing the cpu and mobo and fresh install of win 10 , and installing all latest drivers , the first thing mentioned me was that crappy noisy sound when i listening music ! and gaming !
    its happening randomly and after each restart it fix and sound works good but after some hrs or even minutes while windows go to idle or power saving mode it back !
    change the music player , try winamp vlc player or any players and codecs you knew !
    surfing web for finding any solution ! ( nothing find any useful )
    sent email to asus support team ( no answer shame ! )
    post a thread here ( thanks for reply guys )

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...sound-plugin-!

    read many of threads here
    uninstall realtek and sonic sound and reinstall the latest versions ( does'nt help )
    disable the HD DIGITAL AUDIO and HDMI MONITOR AND VGA from win 10 device manager ( minor fix but came it back )
    covering the front panel hd audio cable and jack with aluminium if something affecting on it and makes noise !
    uninstall all the V III HERO software and stuffs ( Ai suite , Intel MANAGEMENT ENGINE ,, ... )
    updates to latest 1102 bios version .
    activated adaptive mode cpu core voltage . ( i know its useless about this )
    pray and pray after doing each time !

    do you changed the mobo with new one ? and still have problem ????

    and nothing fixed it yet !
    i think THAT WAS only me got this damn issue and now happy to see your thread !
    hope asus technical support read this thread and be curious about it and solve it soon !
    if this is the software or hardware issue !
    im not happy with this buggy board !
    Last edited by JET.1983; 11-14-2015 at 07:48 AM.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array Madness PC Specs
    Madness PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel core I7 6700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill RipJaws 4 32 gb ddr4
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming
    MonitorAsus Rog Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX 3K 120 gb
    Storage #2Samsung evo 850 250 gb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CaseNZXT H440 Blue
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset Razer Kraken Pro
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by JET.1983 View Post
    1 weeks ago brought to buy this mobo , and after installing the cpu and mobo and fresh install of win 10 , and installing all latest drivers , the first thing mentioned me was that crappy noisy sound when i listening music ! and gaming !
    its happening randomly and after each restart it fix and sound works good but after some hrs or even minutes while windows go to idle or power saving mode it back !
    change the music player , try winamp vlc player or any players and codecs you knew !
    surfing web for finding any solution ! ( nothing find any useful )
    sent email to asus support team ( no answer shame ! )
    post a thread here ( thanks for reply guys )

    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...sound-plugin-!

    read many of threads here
    uninstall realtek and sonic sound and reinstall the latest versions ( does'nt help )
    disable the HD DIGITAL AUDIO and HDMI MONITOR AND VGA from win 10 device manager ( minor fix but came it back )
    covering the front panel hd audio cable and jack with aluminium if something affecting on it and makes noise !
    uninstall all the V III HERO software and stuffs ( Ai suite , Intel MANAGEMENT ENGINE ,, ... )
    updates to latest 1102 bios version .
    activated adaptive mode cpu core voltage

    do you changed the mobo with new one ? and still have problem ????

    and nothing fixed it yet !
    i think THAT WAS only me got this damn issue and now happy to see your thread !
    hope asus technical support read this thread and be curious about it and solve it soon !
    if this is the software or hardware issue !
    im not happy with this buggy board !
    Yes change but same problem ... Tomorrow I go to service asus ( change monitor ) and ask about this problem

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array JET.1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    thank s Madness
    please mention them to this topic !

    asus sevice center not exist in my country and hope you do something about our same problem and kill that freaky noise

    are u trying windows 10 or 8 and 7 ? are those fix the noise ?

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,255

    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Yes . And o change motherboard and have same issue help me some one please
    If you've already swapped motherboards and you're getting the same issue, I would say the problem is caused by something else.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Unhappy Weapon of mad distortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    If you've already swapped motherboards and you're getting the same issue, I would say the problem is caused by something else.
    I have the same issue. I feel it is a driver issue than a hardware issue. Someone mentioned they fixed it when they turned all kinds of overclocking off, but that didn't fix it for me. The distortion is especially more when Sonic Studio II has effects enabled. It happens when you do something else. The issue can be replicated by having spotify playing in the background and opening multiple tabs in chrome and just cycling through them quickly. When you do that sound starts to distort.


    My config is
    i7 6700K
    32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666
    Asus GTX 970 STRIX
    Samsung 850Evo 250GB
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB.

    I have the issue irrespective of OC'ing or not.

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array JET.1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Your issue ll fix as well as mine with the only way , ( upgrade to 1202 bios if your board is VIII HERO ) ,
    And follow my threads and you ll find more solutions , maybe useful ,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •