cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus VIII Hero

Madness
Level 7
Hello guys . When I listen to music (sometimes) there is a crackling in the sound .. I think that it is aiming, but not sure, and I can not solve the problem. (Motherboard has changed). Need your advice
8 REPLIES 8

Chino wrote:
Are you running the latest sound driver?

Yes . And o change motherboard and have same issue 😞 help me some one please

Madness wrote:
Yes . And o change motherboard and have same issue 😞 help me some one please

If you've already swapped motherboards and you're getting the same issue, I would say the problem is caused by something else.

Chino wrote:
If you've already swapped motherboards and you're getting the same issue, I would say the problem is caused by something else.

I have the same issue. I feel it is a driver issue than a hardware issue. Someone mentioned they fixed it when they turned all kinds of overclocking off, but that didn't fix it for me. The distortion is especially more when Sonic Studio II has effects enabled. It happens when you do something else. The issue can be replicated by having spotify playing in the background and opening multiple tabs in chrome and just cycling through them quickly. When you do that sound starts to distort.

My config is
i7 6700K
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666
Asus GTX 970 STRIX
Samsung 850Evo 250GB
WD Caviar Blue 1TB.

I have the issue irrespective of OC'ing or not.

JET_1983
Level 7
Madness wrote:
Hello guys . When I listen to music (sometimes) there is a crackling in the sound .. I think that it is aiming, but not sure, and I can not solve the problem. (Motherboard has changed). Need your advice

1 weeks ago brought to buy this mobo , and after installing the cpu and mobo and fresh install of win 10 , and installing all latest drivers , the first thing mentioned me was that crappy noisy sound when i listening music ! and gaming !
its happening randomly and after each restart it fix and sound works good but after some hrs or even minutes while windows go to idle or power saving mode it back !
change the music player , try winamp vlc player or any players and codecs you knew !
surfing web for finding any solution ! ( nothing find any useful )
sent email to asus support team ( no answer shame ! )
post a thread here ( thanks for reply guys )

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78652-Crappy-SupremeFx-Realtek-driver-or-sonicsound-plugin...

read many of threads here
uninstall realtek and sonic sound and reinstall the latest versions ( does'nt help )
disable the HD DIGITAL AUDIO and HDMI MONITOR AND VGA from win 10 device manager ( minor fix but came it back )
covering the front panel hd audio cable and jack with aluminium if something affecting on it and makes noise !
uninstall all the V III HERO software and stuffs ( Ai suite , Intel MANAGEMENT ENGINE ,, ... )
updates to latest 1102 bios version .
activated adaptive mode cpu core voltage . ( i know its useless about this )
pray and pray after doing each time !

do you changed the mobo with new one ? and still have problem ????

and nothing fixed it yet ! 😞
i think THAT WAS only me got this damn issue and now happy to see your thread !
hope asus technical support read this thread and be curious about it and solve it soon !
if this is the software or hardware issue !
im not happy with this buggy board ! :mad:
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85

JET.1983 wrote:
1 weeks ago brought to buy this mobo , and after installing the cpu and mobo and fresh install of win 10 , and installing all latest drivers , the first thing mentioned me was that crappy noisy sound when i listening music ! and gaming !
its happening randomly and after each restart it fix and sound works good but after some hrs or even minutes while windows go to idle or power saving mode it back !
change the music player , try winamp vlc player or any players and codecs you knew !
surfing web for finding any solution ! ( nothing find any useful )
sent email to asus support team ( no answer shame ! )
post a thread here ( thanks for reply guys )

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78652-Crappy-SupremeFx-Realtek-driver-or-sonicsound-plugin...

read many of threads here
uninstall realtek and sonic sound and reinstall the latest versions ( does'nt help )
disable the HD DIGITAL AUDIO and HDMI MONITOR AND VGA from win 10 device manager ( minor fix but came it back )
covering the front panel hd audio cable and jack with aluminium if something affecting on it and makes noise !
uninstall all the V III HERO software and stuffs ( Ai suite , Intel MANAGEMENT ENGINE ,, ... )
updates to latest 1102 bios version .
activated adaptive mode cpu core voltage

do you changed the mobo with new one ? and still have problem ????

and nothing fixed it yet ! 😞
i think THAT WAS only me got this damn issue and now happy to see your thread !
hope asus technical support read this thread and be curious about it and solve it soon !
if this is the software or hardware issue !
im not happy with this buggy board ! :mad:

Yes change 🙂 but same problem ... Tomorrow I go to service asus ( change monitor ) and ask about this problem

JET_1983
Level 7
thank s Madness
please mention them to this topic !

asus sevice center not exist in my country and hope you do something about our same problem 🙂 and kill that freaky noise 🙂

are u trying windows 10 or 8 and 7 ? are those fix the noise ?
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
Razer Kraken

JET_1983
Level 7
Your issue ll fix as well as mine with the only way , ( upgrade to 1202 bios if your board is VIII HERO ) ,
And follow my threads and you ll find more solutions , maybe useful ,
Razer Kraken