Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

You have to set MRC fast boot (in DRAM Timing options etc.) to enabled and CSM(Boot options) to disabled. This will speed up things extremely and you will have boot times almost as fast as on ASRock motherboards with ultra fast boot when you are on Windows 8.1 or 10.
    The CSM option makes 10 seconds of difference for me.

But other than that, i agree that the motherboard post takes very long time in the first place. For me it is like 6-7 seconds for the post screen to appear and 3 seconds for windows to be up and logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by svan71 View Post
    Im sure on Asrock boards enabling Ultra fast most lilely diables memory learning or whatever its called which is why Asus should add the option and do it automatically.
    Hello

Isn't going to happen. Disabling memory training as default on a DDR4 platform would be careless at best. To even suggest such a thing demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the platform.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

Isn't going to happen. Disabling memory training as default on a DDR4 platform would be careless at best. To even suggest such a thing demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the platform.
    "MRC Fast Boot: Bypasses longer memory training routines during system re-BOOT. Can help speed up BOOT times. If using higher memory frequency divider ratios (DDR3-2133 and over), then disabling this setting while trying to achieve stability can be beneficial. Once the desired system stability has obtained, Enable this setting to prevent the auto sensed parameters from drifting on subsequent system re-BOOTs."

To which platform do you refer? And who suggested it as default? I suggested adding Ultra Fast Boot as an option one that should when doing so automatically enable MRC. But your attempt an making me seem ill informed at least sounded good. Also I do not know for sure if that is one of the things Asrock does to have significantly faster boot times I only guessed and was bouncing of this post....

To anyone experiencing what is perceived as slow boot speeds:

If you want to boot in a few seconds, be sure you have Fast Boot enabled in the BIOS, perform a UEFI install (CSM disabled) and enable MRC Fast Boot in the DRAM settings. I use these settings with a i7-6700K with 3000MHz ram and boot Windows 10 in just a few seconds. With Fast Boot off, MRC fast boot default disabled it takes 20 seconds just to complete POST.

Update I just confirmed Asrocks engineers complete lack of understanding of the platform in that when ULTRA FAST BOOT is enabled MRC FAST BOOT is in fact enabled. Verified on the Extreme 7+
    Last edited by svan71; 11-17-2015 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Update

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by RogueEric View Post
    And XMP. I still can't get my G.Skill RAM to be stable at its 3400 Mhz XMP profile.
    Sorry to hear that - no issue here with any BIOS so far and 3400 + xmp (3403) Gskill Trident. Just flashed 1202 this afternoon.

I haven't checked to see if there has been any improvement to the on-board video yet (random blanking of iGFX video with anything but 2133), but so far nothing seems to have changed memory-wise in any BIOS revision. Discrete video and SLI remain stable and issue free. On-board video has been getting incrementally better with DDR at 3403, but as of 1102 it still blanked randomly.

I must say though it would be nice for the USB ports to not be random number generators at boot, I keep needing to plug in PS/2 keyboards to press f1 on the first iteration. After that the USB keyboard (microsoft) seems to be fine, but the first time around around the BIOS does not seem to sufficiently initialize the USB controllers to accept F1 key presses. This seems to be a feature of all recent Asus MBs as far as I can tell, I see it on Z97, X99 and Z170 systems.
    Last edited by cekim; 11-17-2015 at 06:08 AM.

"MRC Fast Boot: Bypasses longer memory training routines during system re-BOOT. Can help speed up BOOT times. If using higher memory frequency divider ratios (DDR3-2133 and over), then disabling this setting while trying to achieve stability can be beneficial. Once the desired system stability has obtained, Enable this setting to prevent the auto sensed parameters from drifting on subsequent system re-BOOTs."

To which platform do you refer? And who suggested it as default? I suggested adding Ultra Fast Boot as an option one that should when doing so automatically enable MRC. But your attempt an making me seem ill informed at least sounded good. Also I do not know for sure if that is one of the things Asrock does to have significantly faster boot times I only guessed and was bouncing of this post....

To anyone experiencing what is perceived as slow boot speeds:

If you want to boot in a few seconds, be sure you have Fast Boot enabled in the BIOS, perform a UEFI install (CSM disabled) and enable MRC Fast Boot in the DRAM settings. I use these settings with a i7-6700K with 3000MHz ram and boot Windows 10 in just a few seconds. With Fast Boot off, MRC fast boot default disabled it takes 20 seconds just to complete POST.

Update I just confirmed Asrocks engineers complete lack of understanding of the platform in that when ULTRA FAST BOOT is enabled MRC FAST BOOT is in fact enabled. Verified on the Extreme 7+
    Hello

From your post I quoted above "add the option and do it automatically" would that not be default? Disabling training for DDR4 will bring issues sooner or later. Signal drift will happen over time and is dependent on the margins started with as well as environmental factors. Disabling training is a viable solution as long as one understands the architecture and what the results may be. Sadly of the people posting on forums only a handful fall into this category and the result is users continually battling stability issues because of following posted advice blindly.

ROG Member Array kiwaczek PC Specs
    kiwaczek PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processori7 6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15-4GRR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Titan X
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung m.2 SM951 256 GB
    Storage #2WDC Black 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Watercooling kit EK
    CaseXilence Pro
    Headset Steelseries 6H Wireless
    OS Windows 10 x64

i just updated my BIOS to 1202 , and so far i think i back to 1102. New 1202 seems bugy for me, first of all vcore settings shows difference vs true voltage .
    I.e. in BIOs i have set 1.355 +0.005 offset (adaptive) AI suite shows 1.375 ... .Beside this i has a problem run my CPU at 4.7 Ghz ( same settings as in 1102) .
    Tok me saveral resets , back to default , boot system on 1,38 Vcore, then back to stable 1,36 .
    Overall i think is not rly good bios

ROG Member Array

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by cekim View Post
    Sorry to hear that - no issue here with any BIOS so far and 3400 + xmp (3403) Gskill Trident. Just flashed 1202 this afternoon.

I haven't checked to see if there has been any improvement to the on-board video yet (random blanking of iGFX video with anything but 2133), but so far nothing seems to have changed memory-wise in any BIOS revision. Discrete video and SLI remain stable and issue free. On-board video has been getting incrementally better with DDR at 3403, but as of 1102 it still blanked randomly.

I must say though it would be nice for the USB ports to not be random number generators at boot, I keep needing to plug in PS/2 keyboards to press f1 on the first iteration. After that the USB keyboard (microsoft) seems to be fine, but the first time around around the BIOS does not seem to sufficiently initialize the USB controllers to accept F1 key presses. This seems to be a feature of all recent Asus MBs as far as I can tell, I see it on Z97, X99 and Z170 systems.
    I thought I figured out this problem of keyboard not being detected with ErP Ready [Enabled] S4+S5 but I still have to plug it in A LOT. This is more annoying than anything as it's slowing down post for me.

Otherwise my computer looks like a Christmas tree with the keyboard and all LED's left on after power off.

ROG Enthusiast Array dannyboy292 PC Specs
    dannyboy292 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processori7 6700K
    Memory (part number)GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3200 16GB (2x8)
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 980 OC
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo
    Storage #2WD Black HDD 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseNZXT Phantom 410
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RBG
    Mouse Corsair Vengance M95
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

From your post I quoted above "add the option and do it automatically" would that not be default? Disabling training for DDR4 will bring issues sooner or later. Signal drift will happen over time and is dependent on the margins started with as well as environmental factors. Disabling training is a viable solution as long as one understands the architecture and what the results may be. Sadly of the people posting on forums only a handful fall into this category and the result is users continually battling stability issues because of following posted advice blindly.
    So I should turn CSM back on ?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    You have to set MRC fast boot (in DRAM Timing options etc.) to enabled and CSM(Boot options) to disabled. This will speed up things extremely and you will have boot times almost as fast as on ASRock motherboards with ultra fast boot when you are on Windows 8.1 or 10.
    The CSM option makes 10 seconds of difference for me.

But other than that, i agree that the motherboard post takes very long time in the first place. For me it is like 6-7 seconds for the post screen to appear and 3 seconds for windows to be up and logged in.
    Wow, that really helped a lot! Post takes 3 times longer than the boot itself.

ROG Member Array

Question

If you want to boot in a few seconds, be sure you have Fast Boot enabled in the BIOS, perform a UEFI install (CSM disabled) and enable MRC Fast Boot in the DRAM settings.
    So if I have changed to Fast boot and turned CSM off, after I have installed Win8.1, I should do a clean reinstall? What will be the difference? I am booting from a Samsung 950 Pro.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast