Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by skybone View Post
    I thought I figured out this problem of keyboard not being detected with ErP Ready [Enabled] S4+S5 but I still have to plug it in A LOT. This is more annoying than anything as it's slowing down post for me.

Otherwise my computer looks like a Christmas tree with the keyboard and all LED's left on after power off.
    I haven't tracked whether the "full/partial" init of USB setting is the deciding factor. The only time I see this is while flashing, overclocking, resetting or generally changing lots of things, so it could be that I am just seeing the result of partial USB init, but to have this be the default behavior in this day and age when everything is USB for keyboard/mice seems broken.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by ondersma80 View Post
    To anyone experiencing what is perceived as slow boot speeds:

If you want to boot in a few seconds, be sure you have Fast Boot enabled in the BIOS, perform a UEFI install (CSM disabled) and enable MRC Fast Boot in the DRAM settings. I use these settings with a i7-6700K with 3000MHz ram and boot Windows 10 in just a few seconds. With Fast Boot off, MRC fast boot default disabled it takes 20 seconds just to complete POST.
    Above is the original post of mine that svan71 took his snippet from. If you want optimally fast boot speeds you need to set what is explained in my original post. I recommend testing any memory/overclock settings on a temp install before performing a nice clean install on your stable settings with the addition of what I referenced above. I personally do the final fresh install on default clocks the apply after.

I used the above settings and methodology with a modest 4500 overclock, i7-6700k, 3000 MHz ram, 950 pro w/nvme and boot in 8 seconds. I have passed 4 hours of max ram rog bench, 8 hours of aida64 stability, 10 hours 600% coverage hci memtest for win, and 12 hours of useless p95 just for nostalgia. not a single hiccup during daily usage.
    Last edited by ondersma80; 11-17-2015 at 10:35 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Celador PC Specs
    Celador PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus VIII Maximus Hero
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR 4 32gb 2400 Mhz RAM
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 970 - Asus Strix OC II
    Sound Cardbuilt-in piece of ****
    Storage #1OCZ Vertex SDD
    Storage #2WD Caviar Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseThermaltake Tai-Chi
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech g19s
    Mouse Logitech g602
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterAsus - AC RT68U

As regards to sound issues - this beta bios doesn't fix them even though some people said it does. Im not entirely sure how bios would even prevent sound channel from closing and making that obnoxious popping sound.

As regards to booting faster - i've enabled MRC fast boot and tried disabling CSM which resulted in system not seeing any hard drives at all and booting directly into bios setup.
    If i just enable MRC and keep CSM - booting times remain pretty much the same (about 20 seconds). The shutdown and reboot times are what's troubling me more to be honest. Sometimes they take more than 40 seconds.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Celador View Post
    As regards to sound issues - this beta bios doesn't fix them even though some people said it does. Im not entirely sure how bios would even prevent sound channel from closing and making that obnoxious popping sound.

As regards to booting faster - i've enabled MRC fast boot and tried disabling CSM which resulted in system not seeing any hard drives at all and booting directly into bios setup.
    If i just enable MRC and keep CSM - booting times remain pretty much the same (about 20 seconds). The shutdown and reboot times are what's troubling me more to be honest. Sometimes they take more than 40 seconds.
    I didn't have windows boot partition (ssd as default) and it limited my boot speed to over a minute, just make sure you cover your bases.

PS. Audio has only been mentioned as a Realtek problem, not a bios problem, and not the right place for that discussion obviously.

ROG Member Array wasyl00 PC Specs
    wasyl00 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero
    Processor6700K @4.6
    Memory (part number)4 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @3000Mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 980Ti
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #11TB Samsung SSD 850 PRO
    CPU CoolerCustom EK Watercooling inc CPU&GPU , 700mm rad space
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
    Headset SteelSeries H
    OS Windows 10 Pro

I too have an issue with the ErP settings and my keyboard being detected. I have a Corsair K70 RGB. When I enable R4 + R5 or R5 which I need to disable all leds and lighting when the PC is off the keyboard will not be detected when I boot it from cold. I need to replug it which is super annoying. On the other hand if I keep ErP disabled keyboard works fine everytime but the PC keeps glowing which forces me to switch the PSU off after shut down. I'm not happy with this. Please dont send me to corsair support it's not their fault. Keyboard works great when I plug it to my laptop. To me it looks like there is something not ok with how USB is being initialised. I see others are struggling with the same issue.
    Last edited by wasyl00; 11-21-2015 at 07:57 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by svan71 View Post
    Same here and im on 1202. No ULTRA FAST BOOT option either, my brother keeps breaking my stones over the fact his i5 on a Asrock extreme 6 boots to windows in 8 seconds with an 850 pro and my 6700k at 4.8 on my ROG board takes 22 seconds with a 512 950 pro. Asus really needs to get this board tweaked.
    Which flavor of windows? With 7 x64 your forced to use the Windows CSM as the bios will force it back on. Under the CSM boot options disable Network and set the storage and PCIe to UEFI only and it'll save about 17 seconds.

Turn off the Windows CSM if using Win8.x/10.

Also Samsung has their 950Pro NVME drivers on their site. Load those up for Win7/8.x/10.

Under Win10 I was getting a 3 second (after bios post) fast boot with a 950Pro and this bios.

Now if I could just get it to recognize my USB Mouse and Keyboard every boot I'd be much happier.
    Last edited by Signal; 11-23-2015 at 12:35 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array Celador PC Specs
    Celador PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus VIII Maximus Hero
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR 4 32gb 2400 Mhz RAM
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 970 - Asus Strix OC II
    Sound Cardbuilt-in piece of ****
    Storage #1OCZ Vertex SDD
    Storage #2WD Caviar Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua
    CaseThermaltake Tai-Chi
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech g19s
    Mouse Logitech g602
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterAsus - AC RT68U

Quote Originally Posted by Signal View Post
    Turn off the Windows CSM if using Win8.x/10.
    For me personally this results in bios not detecting any hard drives at all even though my Windows 10 is installed on OCZ Vertex SSD.

To be honest i never thought of long booting times as an issue. Vista x64 used to take about a minute to load on my old asus motherboard and i didn't care. Windows 8 took about 30 seconds and Windows 10 takes about 20 seconds. Im not entirely sure what's the issue here.

Now bad intel network controller which is causing latency spikes and sound controller which closes and opens sound channel all the time resulting in chopped sound - those are the issues with this motherboard and so far there aren't any solutions even though both Intel and Asus acknowledged that those issues exist.
    Last edited by Celador; 11-23-2015 at 07:41 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by wasyl00 View Post
    I too have an issue with the ErP settings and my keyboard being detected. I have a Corsair K70 RGB. When I enable R4 + R5 or R5 which I need to disable all leds and lighting when the PC is off the keyboard will not be detected when I boot it from cold. I need to replug it which is super annoying. On the other hand if I keep ErP disabled keyboard works fine everytime but the PC keeps glowing which forces me to switch the PSU off after shut down. I'm not happy with this. Please dont send me to corsair support it's not their fault. Keyboard works great when I plug it to my laptop. To me it looks like there is something not ok with how USB is being initialised. I see others are struggling with the same issue.
    Im using a K95 RGB.
    I tried R4 + R5 both enabled / disabled it still doesnt power on cold boot. what USB port are u using?

My K95 RGB only works if i plug the USB of my keyboard (keyboard logo) on the KeyBot II supported USB port and the other USB (power logo) into any USB 2.0 ports.

I tried using just 1x USB 3.0, it doesnt power on cold boot unless I replug.

Another thing, if I use the front case 1x USB 3.0 / 2x USB 2.0 it power on cold boot!

I really dont know whats going on, you guys with the keyboard not powering problem should try the front case USB. My front case USB header im using is the one at the bottom (closest to the M.2 slot) not the one near the 24pin pwr

New ROGer Array Will31 PC Specs
    Will31 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximum VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Ripjaw 5 2400mhz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 Super Clocked
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster ZX
    MonitorAsus 24 inch monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2 TB HD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    Case2015 NZXT H440 White
    Power SupplyCorsair TX 750
    Keyboard Logitech G710
    Mouse Logitech G9X
    OS Windows 10

1202 No longer a Beta Bios?

In looking at the link to download Bios 1202 it no longer lists it as a Beta Bios?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Will31 View Post
    In looking at the link to download Bios 1202 it no longer lists it as a Beta Bios?
    That looks to be the case. That means ASUS has verified those with issues are merely problems in chair not in BIOS. BIOS validated.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast