cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus viii hero bios 1202

ondersma80
Level 7
So... another new bios. Beta 1202 released just 4 days after 1102. So what the heck is still wrong with 1102 that warranted an emergency beta 4 days later? Anyone try it and have thoughts?

edit - edited thread title as bios is no longer a beta releease
58 REPLIES 58

JET_1983
Level 7
whats da .....
are u kidding ?
im just upgrade to 1102 two days ago !
hope asus fix the crazy supremefx and noisy realtek chip on this new fix !
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85

And XMP. I still can't get my G.Skill RAM to be stable at its 3400 Mhz XMP profile.

RogueEric wrote:
And XMP. I still can't get my G.Skill RAM to be stable at its 3400 Mhz XMP profile.

That has just as much to do with the CPU as it does the motherboard. The motherboard is capable of configuring timings, frequency, and voltage for a 3400 kit but not every CPU is capable of running it. ASUS' own manaul says 3200 and up is not guaranteed due to CPU limitation.

I also doubt any realtek issues will be corrected - that will need to come via a new driver package. My sound seems completely fine so those with issues either have conflicting software or individual board defects IMO.

If anyone tries the new beta pls let us know if there are any noticeable improvements or changes.

RogueEric wrote:

Sorry to hear that - no issue here with any BIOS so far and 3400 + xmp (3403) Gskill Trident. Just flashed 1202 this afternoon.

I haven't checked to see if there has been any improvement to the on-board video yet (random blanking of iGFX video with anything but 2133), but so far nothing seems to have changed memory-wise in any BIOS revision. Discrete video and SLI remain stable and issue free. On-board video has been getting incrementally better with DDR at 3403, but as of 1102 it still blanked randomly.

I must say though it would be nice for the USB ports to not be random number generators at boot, I keep needing to plug in PS/2 keyboards to press f1 on the first iteration. After that the USB keyboard (microsoft) seems to be fine, but the first time around around the BIOS does not seem to sufficiently initialize the USB controllers to accept F1 key presses. This seems to be a feature of all recent Asus MBs as far as I can tell, I see it on Z97, X99 and Z170 systems.

cekim wrote:
Sorry to hear that - no issue here with any BIOS so far and 3400 + xmp (3403) Gskill Trident. Just flashed 1202 this afternoon.

I haven't checked to see if there has been any improvement to the on-board video yet (random blanking of iGFX video with anything but 2133), but so far nothing seems to have changed memory-wise in any BIOS revision. Discrete video and SLI remain stable and issue free. On-board video has been getting incrementally better with DDR at 3403, but as of 1102 it still blanked randomly.

I must say though it would be nice for the USB ports to not be random number generators at boot, I keep needing to plug in PS/2 keyboards to press f1 on the first iteration. After that the USB keyboard (microsoft) seems to be fine, but the first time around around the BIOS does not seem to sufficiently initialize the USB controllers to accept F1 key presses. This seems to be a feature of all recent Asus MBs as far as I can tell, I see it on Z97, X99 and Z170 systems.

I thought I figured out this problem of keyboard not being detected with ErP Ready [Enabled] S4+S5 but I still have to plug it in A LOT. This is more annoying than anything as it's slowing down post for me.

Otherwise my computer looks like a Christmas tree with the keyboard and all LED's left on after power off. 😞

skybone wrote:
I thought I figured out this problem of keyboard not being detected with ErP Ready [Enabled] S4+S5 but I still have to plug it in A LOT. This is more annoying than anything as it's slowing down post for me.

Otherwise my computer looks like a Christmas tree with the keyboard and all LED's left on after power off. 😞

I haven't tracked whether the "full/partial" init of USB setting is the deciding factor. The only time I see this is while flashing, overclocking, resetting or generally changing lots of things, so it could be that I am just seeing the result of partial USB init, but to have this be the default behavior in this day and age when everything is USB for keyboard/mice seems broken.

Chino
Level 15
Been testing the 1202 BIOS for a few days now. I haven't encountered any problems with it on my side. If any of you guys run into issues with it, please leave a comment in this thread. 🙂

Hi,

Could someone who has been brave enough to install the new beta BIOS firmware (1202) please let me know if this one has all the Boot menu options that are currently missing (for me at least) in 1102.

As things stand, with Fast Boot enabled, I'm missing the options to configure SATA Support, USB Support, PS2 Devices Support and Network Stack Driver Support. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Also, I'm getting two RoG splash screens at boot up into UEFI Windows. The first one, which has the footnote regarding press Del to enter BIOS settings, I don't think I should get with Post Report set to zero seconds.

Many thanks,

Alex,
Edinburgh, Scotland.

I have just flashed the 1202 BIOS to my Maximus VIII Hero.

I had to run through the Q-fan calibration again since it had forgot my settings and after the BIOS calibrated my fans and I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. Whole system just froze. Had to press the reset button on my PC to get it booting again, then tried once more with same result. However, it seems that it saves the new calibration anyway, since I could set my fans up properly after that.

It would be real nice if ASUS could post a changelog for the BIOS so we know what exactly has changed. I haven't tested the sound yet to see if they have fixed the annoying clicking or the crazy amount of static on the mic.

EDIT: The sound is still crap! Still clicks every time an audio channel open or close and still crazy amount of noise on the mic unless you use that filter in Sonic Suite 2 that make you sound metallic instead. I don't understand why this mobo got such good reviews on the sound part. It was one of the reasons I specifically got this motherboard. 😞