cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V formula with FX-9590

Stres
Level 7
Someone can say a good thermal paste to improve my cpu temps? My temps are normal for my cpu?
This print screen is in idle, in load it don't pass 60°C
11 REPLIES 11

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
A new TIM will benefit you measurably only if you have a very poor TIM currently - the difference is typically only a few degrees, and not the 20 or so that we need to get yours down.

Please answer the following, so you can be better assisted:

1. What is your cooling solution? (air cooler model, all-in-one water cooling, custom water, etc) - please include the manufacturer and model
2. What is your ambient room temperature?

The FX-9590 is a beast of an heat machine, and it can be very difficult to keep appropriately cooled. However, that sounds like the temps I used to see when I first installed the 9590, and I was cooling it with the (very rough) equivalent of a 120mm x 240mm all-in-one cooler.

Z

Corsair H110 and ambient temperature right now is 33°C motherboard is 34°C and cpu is 46°C

AlexB121
Level 7
Thats still to high i have H110i gt with Noctua fans on asus crosshair v formula thunderbolt + fx 9590and motherboard is 23°C and cpu is 23°C idle

Asus121 wrote:
Thats still to high i have H110i gt with Noctua fans on asus crosshair v formula thunderbolt + fx 9590and motherboard is 23°C and cpu is 23°C idle

It all depends on the room temperature - no standard cooling system (ignoring NO2, He, etc.) will cool your system lower than ambient. Period.

@Stres: I agree it is probably too high, and I am guessing that you are using the TIM that came pre-applied to your water block. If you change it for some Arctic Silver 5, Noctua NT-H1, or just about any decent TIM, you should see some improvement, but probably not more than a few degrees.

For comparison, my CPU (at factory settings) idles at around 10 degrees C above ambient, and climbs to about 20 C over ambient under load - I have a very high-efficiency custom water cooling system, and that's the best I've been able to get so far without lapping.

Z

Stres
Level 7
Ok. Thank you very much for advices.
I will change my case for a better cooling and TIM.

Stres wrote:
Ok. Thank you very much for advices.
I will change my case for a better cooling and TIM.

Before buying a new case, try running your machine with the case door open, and perhaps a fan blowing into it. This will give you a good idea of the difference between room and internal temperature under loads.

Z

AlexB121
Level 7
motherboard is 23°C and cpu is 9°C idle h110i gt after tweek

Asus121 wrote:
motherboard is 23°C and cpu is 9°C idle h110i gt after tweek

Unless the the computer is in a room at temperature at or below 9°C, then your software is reporting the wrong temperature.
It is physically impossible (again, without LN2 or some other refrigerating system) to cool your components below the ambient temperature.

@Stres: If you run with the case open, and you see significant (more than a few degrees) improvement in temperatures, then it's probable that the airflow in your case is poor.

Z

AlexB121
Level 7
Here is a snap pic since im at work and i had to remote desktop home i took a screen shot just for you This is actually a bit higher then yesturday but its still low 53692