Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random 00 no post

badgertycoon
Level 7
Motherboard model: Rampage V Extreme

UEFI Version: 1701

CPU: intel 5930k

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16g 2666mhz CMK16GX4M4A2666C16

GPU: EVGA 980 sc

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: intel 730 ssd and samsung 840

PSU: EVGA 850w supernova

USB Devices (model/version number): corsair mouse/keyboard and a seagate external hdd

Monitor: Dell

CPU Cooler: noctua NH-D9L

PC CASE: Corsair vengence c70

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? yes windows 10

Drivers Installed (include version): latest

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: no

System Overclocked (provide details)? no default

Issue
This board has been giving me trouble since i got it in may, it's a working pc when i can get it to post and i can leave it on for hours/play games. The problem is when i start my pc it doesn't post consistently and gives me q code 00 loop, ive done everything and have read every post about this problem and most seem to have the same issue. Once again its a working pc when i can get it to post, the ram, cpu, ssds, and power supply all work it's the board that refuses to post i cant even get into the bios. ive tried loosening the cpu cooler and that seems to help but i still get the same 00 code every other day. when i can finally get it to post it hangs on code 79 for a minute then goes to A2 and gives me an F1 overclocking failed error even though i have everything set to default. when i restart after the f1 error everything is fine, but the next day or two i run into the same problem with the same 00 boot loop. This board sucks and im about to get a new board and change brands because of this bs i wake up almost every morning pissed off wondering if my computer will start that day. :mad: i honestly want a refund but i know that will never happen... Can anyone give me some hope or should i just get a new board from msi

heres some examples of what i go through almost daily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4Tz15qHWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcVVYHe8EY
49 REPLIES 49

kaese
Level 10
Have you tried plugging in the CPU 4 Pin power connector? It doesnt seem to be connected in the vid.

Chino
Level 15

Ive cleared the cmos many times and yes the 8 and 4 pin power connectors are plugged in

i used asus EZ flash 2 using a clean flashdrive on bios 1, bios 2 is still factory 802

also i have all 8 fan headers connected and when the board doesnt post a few fans turn on and the cpu fan is always off

ive tried different tightnesses over a week to see if that would help but i get mixed results with the same 00, the problem is really weird some days it runs fine but every other day or two i get the same no post loop. i just switched to bios 2 with 0802 it seems fine for now, i will post with an update after i shut down and restart my computer a few times.

badgertycoon wrote:
ive tried different tightnesses over a week to see if that would help but i get mixed results with the same 00, the problem is really weird some days it runs fine but every other day or two i get the same no post loop. i just switched to bios 2 with 0802 it seems fine for now, i will post with an update after i shut down and restart my computer a few times.

Correct.

Let us know it goes with the 0802 BIOS.