Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Angry Random 00 no post

Motherboard model: Rampage V Extreme

UEFI Version: 1701

CPU: intel 5930k

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16g 2666mhz CMK16GX4M4A2666C16

GPU: EVGA 980 sc

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: intel 730 ssd and samsung 840

PSU: EVGA 850w supernova

USB Devices (model/version number): corsair mouse/keyboard and a seagate external hdd

Monitor: Dell

CPU Cooler: noctua NH-D9L

PC CASE: Corsair vengence c70

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? yes windows 10

Drivers Installed (include version): latest

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: no

System Overclocked (provide details)? no default

Issue
    This board has been giving me trouble since i got it in may, it's a working pc when i can get it to post and i can leave it on for hours/play games. The problem is when i start my pc it doesn't post consistently and gives me q code 00 loop, ive done everything and have read every post about this problem and most seem to have the same issue. Once again its a working pc when i can get it to post, the ram, cpu, ssds, and power supply all work it's the board that refuses to post i cant even get into the bios. ive tried loosening the cpu cooler and that seems to help but i still get the same 00 code every other day. when i can finally get it to post it hangs on code 79 for a minute then goes to A2 and gives me an F1 overclocking failed error even though i have everything set to default. when i restart after the f1 error everything is fine, but the next day or two i run into the same problem with the same 00 boot loop. This board sucks and im about to get a new board and change brands because of this bs i wake up almost every morning pissed off wondering if my computer will start that day. i honestly want a refund but i know that will never happen... Can anyone give me some hope or should i just get a new board from msi

heres some examples of what i go through almost daily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4Tz15qHWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcVVYHe8EY

ROG Enthusiast Array kaese PC Specs
    kaese PC Specs
    MotherboardX99 Rampage V Extreme
    Processor5820K

Have you tried plugging in the CPU 4 Pin power connector? It doesnt seem to be connected in the vid.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Clear your CMOS and use your system at stock defaults to see if the problem shows up.

ROG Member Array

Ive cleared the cmos many times and yes the 8 and 4 pin power connectors are plugged in

ROG Member Array

i used asus EZ flash 2 using a clean flashdrive on bios 1, bios 2 is still factory 802
    Last edited by badgertycoon; 11-16-2015 at 04:16 AM.

ROG Member Array

also i have all 8 fan headers connected and when the board doesnt post a few fans turn on and the cpu fan is always off

ROG Member Array

ive tried different tightnesses over a week to see if that would help but i get mixed results with the same 00, the problem is really weird some days it runs fine but every other day or two i get the same no post loop. i just switched to bios 2 with 0802 it seems fine for now, i will post with an update after i shut down and restart my computer a few times.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm pretty sure the 1701 bios chip has been corrupted and reprogramming with an USB EEprom programmer will fix it for sure (no more 00 or 79 qcodes). Rampage V Extreme is a very "particular" mobo and the upgrade bios procedure, sometimes, brings you to think you have a faulty mobo while it's only the bios chip being messed up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast