Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

You have bios chip corrupted. You've to flash via an eeprom usb programmer or order two new bios chips. I'm pretty sure, having same issues like yours, reprogramming bios chip will do the job and fix your issues.

ROG Member Array

i only updated bios 1, i left bios 2 alone just in case, but when i switched to bios 2 the problem got worse and it became even more unstable, it's an almost daily thing i have to mess with my cpu cooler to get it to work it's a weird issue many people have with this board, asus has ****ty quality control

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

Do you mean you just updated the bios now, after the suggestion that you do so, or back when you started all this? If you mean back at the beginning, I'd do it again. Simple enough with a flash drive.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

If its related to your CPU cooler than maybe you have done up your CPU fan to tight?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array EasyLover PC Specs
    EasyLover PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel i7 6850k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMU32GX4M4A2666C16R
    Sound CardSupreme HiFi DAC
    MonitorAsus VX24AH
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
    Storage #2WD Black 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65
    Headset Sony MDR 1R BT
    Mouse Pad Corsair M600
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 x64

I used the BIOS featured utility to update the BIOS. Most of the times, this 00 code is due to RAM (telling from my experience on this board) as 00 is quite common on my side as well. You may also want to check the cpu socket for any bent pins.
    Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!

ROG Member Array

guys read the other pages i have already told chino that i have tried different tightnesses on the cpu cooler, the heat sink even has little springs to prevent over tightening, it might be a ram issue, but my ram runs fine in windows and i have mem tested it several times and the board tells me the ram sticks are fine i have even tried just putting one stick in and the issue is still there.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

See if you can test your motherboard with another CPU. Try borrowing one from a friend or have a PC repair store test your system for you.

ROG Member Array

none of my friends have a 2011v3 cpu something weird happened this morning i tried to turn on my pc and it would turn on for a second then turn off it kept doing this until i wiggled the gpu and cpu cooler then it posted after a few tries what the duck is happening
    Last edited by badgertycoon; 11-24-2015 at 12:40 AM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Interesting.

Remove everything from your case and test your motherboard on top of the cardboard box. That will discard it being a short causing the problem. I still think it's a problem caused by a bad heatsink installation.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array EasyLover PC Specs
    EasyLover PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel i7 6850k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMU32GX4M4A2666C16R
    Sound CardSupreme HiFi DAC
    MonitorAsus VX24AH
    Storage #1Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
    Storage #2WD Black 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65
    Headset Sony MDR 1R BT
    Mouse Pad Corsair M600
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 x64

Same issue that happened with me. Here is what I did, try it if that helps you. Like Chino has suggested, Take out the motherboard from the PC Chassis. Put it on any non conducting surface like woodboard or you may use the packing box of the motherboard as well. Remove the CPU, RAM, graphics card every thing including power connectors. Then remove the CMOS battery.

Keep your BIOS file (R5E.CAP) ready on a formatted USB Drive. Wait for like 5 minutes. Put the CMOS Battery in. Plug in the USB drive on the designated ROG USB Ccnnect port. Connect the 24 pin ATX power connector and EPS connectors. Nothing else, not even the RAM. Make sure the power connectors are put in correctly and firmly.

Power on the PSU. Don't power on the motherboard. Press the ROG Connect button and keep it pressed until flashing light appears. You may take off your finger then Wait till the flashing light remains on. When that lights goes off. Remove the USB Drive and Press the CMOS Clear button. Power off the PSU.

Examine the CPU Socket on the board for any bend/broken pin. Ideally you should use magnifying glass and flash light. If that is ok then Install the CPU. Make sure CPU is placed firmly on the socket and that it is not shaking. Afterwards install the cooler. Make sure that block on the CPU is not tight fit.

Now, power on the PSU and Power on the board. It should come up and give you error code of 53 or some thing indicating that RAM is missing. Power it off. Insert a single RAM module on the red color DIMM on C1 or D1. I put it in D1. Power on the motherboard. It should run and it may restart for once. If every thing goes right you should be getting d6 error code indicating the console output device is missing.

Power it off. Install the graphics card. Power on the motherboard and you should get to the BIOS. It is better to keep the board out for some days and test it for any instability etc.

Good Luck and sorry for lengthy post.
    Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast