cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 like or not?

Nate152
Hello everyone

I just did the free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 a few days ago, so far I like it though I'm not familiar with it. I only upgraded for the directx 12 feature otherwise I would have stuck with windows 7. I'm surprised to see the gtx 680 supports directx 12, I don't think there are any directx 12 games yet. If there are please feel free to post any that you know of.

Please leave comments and your experience with windows 10 , do you like it or not? So far it's a like for me.
34 REPLIES 34

Hardliner
Level 11
Since PC Performance sent me an EK dual-pump with a bad O-ring, I STILL have no idea what Windows 10 is like even though I have a legit flash drive of it ready to install onto my two RAID 0 Samsung 850 EVO's.

I hate PC Performance and EK.
¡¡¡ I__ju$₮__₩₳₦₮__₮☮__₱£₳¥__₮h€__₲₳₥€__₩i₮h☮u₮__i₮__hi₵₵u₱i₦₲,__₱l€₳$€ !!!

Nate152
I understand you had a bad experience with both and feel your frustration, there is nothing worse than getting held back by something that wasn't your fault. But I can almost assure you the odds of you getting something else defective from them again is very very slim. it's not really performance pc's fault, they're just the seller they don't assemble the pumps but they will sleeve the wires/cables to the color of your choice if you want.

Here is a comparison of windows gaming performance, I'm pretty sure none of these games are directx 12 capable. Once we see some testing with directx 12 we should see a significant performance boost with windows 10.

I have crysis 3 which is made with the cryengine 3 game engine and is probably one of the best looking games out there. It's working on almost three years old and is still one of the most hardware demanding games. At 1080p windows 7 is about 1 1/2 FPS faster. Beyond that performance is negligible, keep in mind this is directx 11.

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1460&page=6

Hardliner
Level 11
Star Citizen will take advantage of DirectX 12:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/2114-chris-roberts-star-citizen-on-dx12-vulkan-and-tech

I hate PC Performance and EK.

toronto699
Level 13
W10 , because I did not do a clean install of W10 just upgraded on my G30ab Tower I have a few issues with W10 , there are some conflicts in the registry
one big issue ive found is installing some software and drivers , if the Software Publishers Certificate is not Microsoft Certified W10 will not let u install the driver or software {Microsoft Device Guard} , u have to install using command prompt and I hate the fact if I uninstall a driver to install a updated driver W10 will install its own driver unless i disconnect from the internet windows 10 installs drivers very quickly almost instantly , and I dislike that sometimes I must install some things using Administrator
One W10 Driver I cannot install is My Ralink {Media Tek} RT2860 wireless card. I tried all I could think of and even with help no install
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&Itemid=255&catid=4&id=1371〈=en...
because of some conflict on my G30AB the latest W10 update will not install {W10 , V1511 , 10586}
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
My G751 laptop with a clean install of W10 is Flawless.

Nate152
Hey totonto699

That's one thing I noticed so far about windows 10, you can't select "check for updates but let me choose to install them" like you could with windows 7.

I did all the steps installing windows 10 correctly in fact " I reinstalled windows 7 and skipped the motherboard drivers just so I could do a clean install of the windows 10 motherboard drivers" and NVidia driver, but when I went to play a game performance was choppy. A reinstall of the NVidia driver fixed it, I'm not sure what happened after the first install but all is well now.

I was thinking of getting star citizen but after seeing you have to pay for ships and insurance and who knows what else, that turned me off. Seriously? up to 15,000.00 u.s. dollars for a ship package to play a game.

I think I'll pass. 😛

Hardliner
Level 11
GD IT! I just went through the good reasons why you should get a ship now, but this stupid site said service was unavailable when I clicked the post tab and erased everything.

**** this **** and get GD ship right now and know you made out like a bandit. If you do not, for the next 20 years, you will be sorry that you did not.

I hate PC Performance and EK, and now this stupid site for erasing what I typed!

Nate152
Come on hardliner stop the hating please, you need to look at the brighter side of things.

"Don't worry Be Happy"