cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JH-DB71 Internal Display not Detected

SynthTwo
Level 7
Hey,

After installing Nvidia inspector, and trying to implement a frame rate limit for Fo4, installing EVGA precision X, and razer game booster, I rebooted my PC and the display is off, and will not turn on. I am currently using the laptop with an external VGA monitor.

The only way I can get the screen to activate is to load ASUS EasyFlash and select a bios, doesn't matter if its the wrong one, but after selecting i exit out and theres roughly a 50/50 chance that when windows loads up, my laptop screen turns on and I can continue using it as normal. However, after I reboot I require another external monitor to fix this.

I have tried using Easy Flash to update the bios, I have tried using WinFlash to force flash the same bios, i have booted in safe mode and removed all gpu drivers then installed fresh ones, I have tried multiple earlier system restore points, I have tried disconnecting the laptop from all power sources and holding the power button down for minutes, I am 100% certain the issue is with the laptops BIOS, however, there seems to be no way to simply perform a factory reset.

I have tried putting the bios files in C:\ and holding control + home when I launch, which doesnt seem to do anything.

It is not simply deactivated, if i use Windows + P i still dont get the laptop, using Fn + F8/F5/F6/F7/ETC does not cause the monitor to turn on.

If I open up device manager, the external monitor shows but i do not see my internal monitor.

I need a way to either reset the CMOS, or somehow change the monitor detection in my BIOS.

Does anyone have ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

SynthTwo
Level 7
Bump, really need a hand with this.

SynthTwo wrote:
Bump, really need a hand with this.

Hi there
I have exactly the same problem like you
After installing evga precision and msi afterburner and riva tuner and dont remember exactly what yet
The next boot was black screen
In fact it was not exactly boot - there was no reading from the disk - the light was not blinking
I tried all the steps you tried but no luck
The biggest difference here is that i can boot with external monitor only but then i can switch to my primary monitor and it is working without a glitch
But I can't boot at all if external monitor is not hooked
Did you solved your problem?

I have the exact same problem. And I can even pinpoint the cause:
EVGA Precision. It all started after it's installation.
I replaced the motherboard - it DIDN'T help! I have now a replacement video card, will try as soon as I can, but not sure it will help - seems like something in the display chip got broken.

Initially described here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81288-G750JH-internal-display-not-detected-at-BIOS-and-wit...!

!!!DO NOT INSTALL EVGA PRECISION ON THIS NOTEBOOK!!!

Now I'm living with this "half-working" monitor about half a year without a problem and made it working without the need to use the external display at all (no image while booting, but as soon Windows booted the image is back and working) - for that just disable "Fast boot" in BIOS settings, but !!!DO NOT ENABLE CSM!!!

I'll keep you posted when I replace the video card to check it out.

Evengard wrote:
I have the exact same problem. And I can even pinpoint the cause:
EVGA Precision. It all started after it's installation.
I replaced the motherboard - it DIDN'T help! I have now a replacement video card, will try as soon as I can, but not sure it will help - seems like something in the display chip got broken.

Initially described here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?81288-G750JH-internal-display-not-detected-at-BIOS-and-wit...!

!!!DO NOT INSTALL EVGA PRECISION ON THIS NOTEBOOK!!!

Now I'm living with this "half-working" monitor about half a year without a problem and made it working without the need to use the external display at all (no image while booting, but as soon Windows booted the image is back and working) - for that just disable "Fast boot" in BIOS settings, but !!!DO NOT ENABLE CSM!!!

I'll keep you posted when I replace the video card to check it out.

Have you found any solution? Does replacing the graphics card solve the issue?

I know this thread is old but someone please help if you found a solution for this cause I have the exact same problem.

The video card I got was faulty, so that's why the long answer, sorry. Anyway, I lived with this until my internal screen was beginning to flash on any blue backgrounds... So I just ordered a replacement LCD screen and replaced it... And the problem "fixed" by itself! Seems like EVGA Precision did something to the screen itself (NOT to the video card!) and which made the screen not detectable by the system and inaccessible in BIOS. So if you ever run in this kind of problem the only solution I found is to replace the LCD screen alltogether.