cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite III & Windows 10 Threshold 2 v1511 Update

gregstinson
Level 7
So my AI Suite 3 and my MAXIMUS VII GENE has been happily running since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, but this week I upgraded to the new Threshold 2 v1511 version of Win 10, the update itself seemed to go fine, until it finally booted back into Windows, I then got a large number of error pings, but the actual error message boxes just sort of flickered, not really allowing you to see what they are saying...

Then I get a couple of errors can't open asio.sys (2)

And I noticed that AU Suite 3 hadn't loaded...

I am now completely stuck, can't open it, can't uninstall it ( same can't open asio.sys (2) error ), tried in Safe Mode, tried installing the new Beta version (same can't open asio.sys (2) error)

So am at a loss as to what to do...

Anybody else had the same issue post update!?

Cheers,

Greg
6 REPLIES 6

insano
Level 7
i think that you can try some regedit clear program like ccleaner , try uninstall trought him and clean the registry after finish
here awlays i have some program error or uninstall problem , i use it and solve the problem ....
its only my opinion , here works sometimes

insano wrote:
i think that you can try some regedit clear program like ccleaner , try uninstall trought him and clean the registry after finish
here awlays i have some program error or uninstall problem , i use it and solve the problem ....
its only my opinion , here works sometimes

Good point actually, had forgotten about CCLEANER, will give it a whirl...

Well couldn't find anyway round it so have rolled back the Windows Update and all is fine again, the update also removes CPU-Z, declaring it incompatible... So I think it's something to do with access to sensors on the motherboard and system information that is the issue...

toronto699
Level 13
W10 Threshold 2 v1511 I cannot install this update , fails at the 100% install phase,and reinstalls the original W10 v 10240 on My Asus G30AB , Now GPU Tweak ll version 1.1.5.4 will not uninstall and cannot update to V 1.0.5.7

ChiefZeke
Level 10
Update installed twice here with no problems - once on my Win10 Insider Preview version and again on my Win10 upgrade from 8.1 version - took almost two hours.
Lian-Li PC-A77F Full Tower case
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200 ATX12V & EPS12V PSU
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 X79
Intel Core i7-3960X 3.31 LGA 2011 CPU
Intel RTS2011LC Liquid Cooling Solution
Kingston KHX24C11T3K4/32X (quad 32Gb memory kit) 2 each
ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCUII 3Gb GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (two in CrossfireX Mode)
Western Digital Cavier Black 2Tb SATA III 6.0GB/S
OCZ Technologies Vertex 4 SATAIII 6Gb/s 512Gb SSD

mwr1203
Level 8
As of some time in November you can now re-install Windows 10 without a product key. It now has a digital entitlement. You can download the media creation tool and the .iso image. Then just clean install like you would any other OS. just don't enter a product key when it requests it. Click on "I don't have one". Again you can only do this if you have already upgraded to Windows 10 and want to do a completely clean install. Worked great for me.