Hybrid View

New ROGer Array

Pause/Play Issue

On my 3rd Phoebus. 2 of them crapped out for whatever reason. Anyways, after I leave a song on pause for a long time and then go to play it again, the sound card refuses to play and I have to go switch the sample rate or close and reopen my music player to get it playing again. Any ideas on what can be causing this? This is not my specific card as it did it with my last card as well.

Edit: Also not a driver issue as it did it with the Windows 7, 8 and 10 version of the drivers.

New ROGer Array

I think I have found a solution to my problem, Maybe ASUS can implement a fix in the WHQL drivers, Anyways to solve my problem I had to disable allowing application to take exclusive control of the device. Apparently the Phoebus application is altering something to cause the audio to short out after having a song paused for a while and then resuming play. I am going to assume it has something to do with the sample rate.

Update: May have spoken too soon about a solution.
    Last edited by sicktight; 11-19-2015 at 04:46 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Did you make sure that you sweep out all the old audio drivers before you reinstalled the new beta driver? It seems like that might be the issue, haven't heard anyone else with this issue yet. Please try and update.

New ROGer Array

This has been an ongoing thing through 2 cards now and has occurred after fresh OS installs. The only version of the driver that didn't have this problem was the Windows 7 2013 driver. I tried installing that one on Windows 10 via altering the cmsetx.dll but a lot of enhancement options are borked.

The Windows 7 driver shouldn't be working properly on Windows 10. I would personally still recommend that you stick with the Windows 10 beta driver and use as it is for now and wait for the next official driver which should fix all the remaining minor issues.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoStorm View Post
    next official driver which should fix all the remaining minor issues.
    Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    Hahahahaha

Well they're working on it and I'm sure if not "all" but most of the other pending issues should be fixed by the next official driver.

Right, right.

Just a reminder, the day one channel swap is still present despite all the updates (all three of them), same for mic problems some people have, not to mention other issues that we've mentionned on the numerous occasions. Unfortunately, asus doesn't have a great track record when it comes to sound cards (or any asus product). Your expectations are too high, personnaly i think that asus is doing exactly jack sh!t right now and the phoebus is basically a dead product.
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 11-24-2015 at 12:26 AM.