cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup but BlankScreen.

kalist0
Level 7
Hi guys, i have been plagued with this weird problem where i was able to startup my laptop but without the screen (blank). Well, i can actually hear my laptop starting up and even if i reboot it by force the screen would not show. The only solution so far is to hard reset bios (unplug,press power button for 30 secs). Im sure this is not the magnetizing issue since it can be solved by resetting the bios. So, any solution to this problem? im using BIOS 205 for my G53SX.
15 REPLIES 15

dstrakele
Level 14
If you attach an external monitor or LCD TV by VGA or HDMI port and boot up, can you see the desktop?

Can you boot into Safe Mode (by repeatedly pressing F8 on startup)?

Do you have an external drive or flash drive attached?

Here's a link to an article that has some recommendations to troubleshoot and attempt resolution of this issue: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/windows-7-black-screen-when-bootin...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

kalist0
Level 7
nope, the external port wont work when the screen doesnt show. even when i can hear the sound. nope, i cant even see the word ASUS.

chrsplmr
Level 18
+dstrakele...as usual....

OP: did you boot it with the external plugged in?
excuse me for not knowing each model...but
does this one have the fn/monitor combo?
did you try that during boot?

If you find a solution...please post it ... you may
not be the last to encounter this.... and well..thats
how this works best......

nope, i dont use externals but tried in when the screen wont boot. and sometimes i have to hard reset a few times before it decides to start up again 😞 i got this problem 3 times today. tired of resetting :rolleyes: and yes, i do have the fn/monitor key on f8. tried, nothing though.

chrsplmr
Level 18
and if you let it sit? running? no?
the fact that if you reset it...it boots.... hmmmm..
so its probably not a hardware issue....

malaysia....not like you can bring it over...... be patient..
this has to be something simple.... like the bios is resetting ..on reboot..

when the blank screen comes up.. have you seen the bios boot...
and goes blank before windows?? or blank from start?
is it getting lost in the drives? ... whats the boot order??
is it set on dvd first...and is something in the drive?
is there more than one hd.... are all these on default..factory....ect...
just troubleshooting a list...none may apply.......
(im guessing here..i cant touch it..be patient)
it boots..........so its probably not hardware...unless it is a weak cap..or short..
somewhere...which is highly, highly unlikely.... it boots.
id look that bios setup over again.......
no luck with the above suggested thread???
....it must be part of the asus package...a chess game to start you out...hahaha...im kidding...relax..
this has to be something simple...ull find it...
watch'n for ur next post..........................c.

well, its either it wont start from the beginning or it will. but have to remember that it actually startsup ' just no screen '. This only happens when i shut down my laptop and switch it on the next day or happened once when i restart my laptop. i have already reset my bios settings to default but still happened. 😕

JRd1st
Level 12
You've wasted enough of hour time. If this was a recent purchase try and exchange it for a notebook that works. Otherwise set up an RMA so Asus can get you back up and running. 😄

Good luck,
-JR
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele
Level 14
JR has good advice. If this is a recent purchase, see if you can exchange it for a new unit.

If not and you still wish to troubleshoot further, what version video driver are you running (check the Properties of the device under "Display Adapters" in Device Manager? Did you ever update the video driver in this system's past?

I would try uninstalling the device and rebooting. If the video driver is uninstalled, Windows should install a Plug N Plug driver and boot into VGA mode. Does this allow a successful restart of your system?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

JRd1st
Level 12
In post #3 he says he can't see the Asus logo when this happens. That would eliminate drivers or anything Windows related.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com