ROG Member Array

New software with the G20CB

Hello,

as you may have noticed, a new version of the G20 -computer has been released. The biggest changes compared to the old G20 are the OS (Windows10), smaller in size (9,5L) and new software with it (Aegis 2, new Command Lightning etc).

I would like to know if the owners of the older G20 -model are eligible for the new software. I am especially interested in the new Lightning command, as you can control the lights of the case a little bit better than with the current software, for an example you can use the "MusicSync" -mode which syncs the lights with music.

Can we get this software aswell, or have you forgotten your older customers and you are only focusing for new ones?

-Markus

ROG Member Array

I would like to know as well

ROG Enthusiast Array

Software

Quote Originally Posted by Tsigi View Post
    Hello,

as you may have noticed, a new version of the G20 -computer has been released. The biggest changes compared to the old G20 are the OS (Windows10), smaller in size (9,5L) and new software with it (Aegis 2, new Command Lightning etc).

I would like to know if the owners of the older G20 -model are eligible for the new software. I am especially interested in the new Lightning command, as you can control the lights of the case a little bit better than with the current software, for an example you can use the "MusicSync" -mode which syncs the lights with music.

Can we get this software aswell, or have you forgotten your older customers and you are only focusing for new ones?

-Markus
    https://www.asus.com/support/Downloa...iIR2mtY2xm/45/

ROG Member Array

ASUS Command for the G20CB is the same that is available for the G20AJ. However, AEGIS II is different and includes the following:

- Boost Launcher (under 'Game Mode' in AEGIS II)
    - GameALive (under 'Game Mode' in AEGIS II)
    - Lighting (under 'Tool' in AEGIS II)
    - System Usage (under 'Monitor' in AEGIS II)
    - ThresholdSetting (under 'Monitor' in AEGIS II)

It now appears that the Lighting control is separate from the ASUS Command program as is the case on the G20AJ. Setup's default install location is under its own folder so it will not interfere with AEGIS v1 if you want to give it a try. Unfortunately it does not appear to work with the G20AJ as after a reboot, AEGIS II would launch but none of the new applications would work. Clicking on some would result in an icon appearance change but no additional functionality. There may have been a hardware change that enables the new lighting features.
    Last edited by Monkiki; 12-17-2015 at 04:20 AM.