cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop wont charge past 85% still says charging

SoapTurtle
Level 7
Hi my g751 wont charge past 85% recently. It still says its charging when i move my mouse over the battery icon. Is this normal?
6 REPLIES 6

aeolisio
Level 10
Have you tried a complete shut down and powering on? Tried removing and reinserting power jack?
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, Thank you for the fast response. I have just done a full shutdown and removed and reinserted the power jack. Ill give an update really soon if the charge makes it past the 85 threshold it seems to be at.

As a little update. I have been speculating the charge increase. It seems to be jumping in intervals. It was at 72 then jumped to 77. Then it went from 77 to 81. Then 81 to 85. Not sure whats going on or if thats normal It still has not gone past 85. Do you think letting the battery run out to critical levels would fix this?

SoapTurtle wrote:
As a little update. I have been speculating the charge increase. It seems to be jumping in intervals. It was at 72 then jumped to 77. Then it went from 77 to 81. Then 81 to 85. Not sure whats going on or if thats normal It still has not gone past 85. Do you think letting the battery run out to critical levels would fix this?

I have tried letting the battery run out. Still nothing.

I think there is critical problem with these models. Many people are reporting problems with the batteries.

Hmm. Whats your laptops issue?

Another thing is. Whenever i move my mouse over my battery icon. It keeps giving me different times of how much time i have left on the battery. For eexample it might say 78% with 2hr and 01min remaining. Then it might say 76 percent it might say 1hr and 54min remaining. I have only had this laptop for a few months. Is this an issue? Everything else works spectacular with it and i know the g751 jt battery is not support to be replaced. Maybe its the charger?