Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Rampage IV Extreme Code 34 (Can not enter bios)

Hello,

Just bought a Asus Rampage IV Extreme and a 3960X. Problem i have whit my new build is when i try to enter bios i just get code 34 and a black screen. I have flashed bios to latest version but still no go. The computer is working but it is disturbing as hell when i cant enter the bios.

Components:

3960x
    Rampage IV Extreme
    6970 crossfire
    G.Skill 16GB (4x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz Ripjaws X Performance
    antec high current gamer 900w
    64gb crucial ssd
    120 ocz ssd
    1tb hdd
    1 dvd writer

Things i have tried:

Reseated cpu several times and cleared cmos.
    Tried out whit different amount of ram in different ports
    No hdds or optical drives plugged in
    One gfx card in diffrent slots
    tippled checked that all cables are plugged in

I do not know what more i can do? Must i Rma the board?

ROG Enthusiast Array

use the button on the motherboard to switch to BIOS 2

Insane Viking Power Array frisianbear2002's Avatar

If thats not working you can try this http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...BIOS-Flashback
    and flash it with a earlyer or later BIOS.

Hope that will work and there are some really good guys around who can help you out i am also learning every day more and more.
    l Asus Rampage 4 Extreme l intel 3930X@ 4800Mhz (1.45volt) 24/7 l Asus matrix GTX 580 l
    16GB Team Xtreem DDR3 PC3-20800 2600MHz (11-11-11-28-1)
    l Coolermaster Silentpro 1000w PSU l Revodrive3 ssd l WD Raptor 150Gb (10000rpm) l Corsair H100 wc with 4 Cougar Vortex fans l CM HAF 932 Avanced case l Acer X243H 24'' l Asus RT N66U Dark Knight l Logitech Z2300 speakers

In progress the custom build PC Samurai Warrior ''Miyamoto Musashi'' in Japanese ''宮本 武蔵'' made by Pascal

ROG Member Array

3-quart artiansh

Jobeo: I have tried that too and it is not working. If i change it wont even boot to win.

frisianbear2002: I will try that thx

Banned Array

I had the same thing happen to me too.
    As soon as you turn it on, start tapping the "Del" key steadily till you get in to the bios... see if that works.
    And if it does , first thing you do is go to the boot menu and disable 'Full screen logo".
    Last edited by Take it Upstairs; 03-05-2012 at 05:18 AM.

ROG Member Array

Take It Upstairs: I dont have a fullscreen logo boot. Just a black screen and than some text about marvel controler and then windows boots up.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

What monitor are you using? At code 34 you are in UEFI, just wondering if the default res is not compatible with your display. Some large screen TVs and projectors have this problem as they are limited in display resolution support.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quite a couple of users have experienced the same problem when using a HDMI cable to a TV.

Could you confirm what monitor you are using and what cable you are using to connect to the monitor, please?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hymer View Post
    Take It Upstairs: I don't have a full screen logo boot. Just a black screen and than some text about marvel controller and then windows boots up.
    Yes I know that. Did you at least try what I said? This happens to my system EVRY time I flash the bios. When you flash the bios, the Bios setting reverts back to full screen logo. With my setup, when this happens, I never see the full screen logo, just a black screen, text from a marvel controller, then windows boots up. The only way I get in to bios is to do what I said to do. This also happens with both DVI / HDMI connections, dependent on brand / model of monitor or TV that is used. It has to do with the full screen logo not being able to post properly (black screen) then when the bios windows opens you still have a black screen. So just make believe your a blind man trying to get in to the bios by tapping the Del key constantly as soon as you turn on the computer. With a couple of tries you end up in the Bios along to be able to finally see it.. And if / when you do, make sure you disable full screen logo.
    Last edited by Take it Upstairs; 03-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Just listen to the PC's speaker sound, you should hit del just after it beeps.
    Rampage IV Extreme
    3930k intel cpu
    Corsair Dominator GT 2x16gb kits CMT16GX3M4X2133C9
    680GTX SLI
    Antec 1200w quattro PSU
    Intel 520 180gb and Crucial m4 SSDs 256gb
    Watercooled Mountain Mods Ascension Case

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast