cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula-Z RAID-0 (SLOW WRITE SPEEDS)

golferdrew32
Level 7
I am having a very strange issue regarding the RAID-0 setup I run with my Crosshair-V formula Z motherboard.
I am using the builtin RAID controller packed with the motherboard.
My read speed are fine averaging around (990 MB/s - 1000 MB/s) which is what I expected
However my write speeds are very poor only averaging (200 MB/s- 300 MB/s)
This is not optimal! My write speeds should be around (800 MB/s)

Here are my specs

• Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula-Z
  • CPU: AMD FX8350 (OC 4.8Ghz)
  • RAM: 1600MHz Gskill Trident X
  • GPU: Matrix 980 (NVIDIA)

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

I have tried breaking the RAID0 and Secure Erasing both SSD's, changing the stripe block to 128K. Nothing seems to work as far as increasing the write speeds.

• I have the latest BIOS
  • Can't seem to find any raid drivers from ASUS
  • Both SSD's are running the latest firmware

Here are pics of the RAID utility and RaidEXpert

My Speeds as of now

4 REPLIES 4

rdsales
Level 7
How you managed to install windows in Raid 0?
That driver was charged to identify the raid volume during the installation of windows?

Thank you!

golferdrew32 wrote:
I am having a very strange issue regarding the RAID-0 setup I run with my Crosshair-V formula Z motherboard.
I am using the builtin RAID controller packed with the motherboard.

I have to start by writing that I am no expert with RAID.
However, I always understood smaller blocks to be ideal for random operations.

I did find several pages via TomsHardware forums that showed benchmark results that suggest you are certainly correct - should be much faster.

I'll keep thumbing through articles in my free time, and let you know what I find in a few days (it's finals week now).

rdsales wrote:
How you managed to install windows in Raid 0?
That driver was charged to identify the raid volume during the installation of windows?

Thank you!

I didn't have any trouble at all installing onto my RAID0 array, and I too am using the built-in controller on the motherboard. Installed Win8.1 Pro normally, and the volume on the RAID0 array was found in the installation wizard, no problem.

Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
I have to start by writing that I am no expert with RAID.
However, I always understood smaller blocks to be ideal for random operations.

I did find several pages via TomsHardware forums that showed benchmark results that suggest you are certainly correct - should be much faster.

I'll keep thumbing through articles in my free time, and let you know what I find in a few days (it's finals week now).

I didn't have any trouble at all installing onto my RAID0 array, and I too am using the built-in controller on the motherboard. Installed Win8.1 Pro normally, and the volume on the RAID0 array was found in the installation wizard, no problem.

Z

I didn't have any trouble at all installing the OS on my RAID0. They only thing that is troublesome is the write speeds. I have also tried the 64k stripe block as well as the 128k same exact issue on both. I literally have no idea. I even tried to search for alternative raid drivers. Can't really seem to find anything useful.

golferdrew32
Level 7
bump