cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe Lane LED Indicator Flashing for PCIe Slot No 4 but that slot is not populated

EasyLover
Level 8
Hey all,

Besides that random 00 error on my rig, there is a frequent recurring thing here. The PCIe lane LED for slot no 4 randomly blinks. This happens during POST. Unless that blinking goes away, my PC gets into repeated restarts. Even sometimes, I've to clear the CMOS. Any idea what could be wrong please.

Kind Regards,
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!
16 REPLIES 16

Korth
Level 14
And plug in your EZ-Plug power input, if you haven't already.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

EasyLover
Level 8
This slot is not populated at all. Graphics cards are in first and third PCIe slots (red color) while the 750 ssd is in PCIe x4 (black color) slot. Slot being indicated is the fourth slot (red color) which has nothing on it. And at the moment I'm testing the board with only one graphics card and a SSD yet still gets the error. So, I don't think EZ Plug is necessary though I'll try that.

Korth
Level 14
There are also some DIP switches which enable/disable PCIe slots, located in the OC area of the mobo.
And BIOS settings which control or lockout lane designations for multi-GPU configs.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

EasyLover
Level 8
Where will I find those options and exactly where and what I would be looking for please

lordo59
Level 7
Your 750 is gimped in the black slot. You need to put it in a PCI-e 3.0 version to get enough bandwidth.

When I had mine in there, my pci-e lanes were all screwed up. GPU Post showed two video cards, but in the wrong slots. The lights on the board were wrong and MY SLI was x16/x8.

Bottom line, move the 750 to the bottom most red slot.

EasyLover
Level 8
It was earlier mounted in bottom slot but it was very tight fit and one of the fans was colliding with the backplate of the SSD. I'd to insert a small piece of packing in between them so as to ensure that there is no direct contact between both. My config was. One card in first red slot, second card in third red slot and SSD in fourth red slot. Even then I was getting this issue.

lordo59
Level 7
Well once thing is for sure, you'll be getting no more than 1,500 MB/s out of the black slot.

EasyLover
Level 8
Oki. Will that tight fit be a problem in long run?