cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750 unable to update gfx chip

Level 7
a few days ago i noticed some issues regarding my pc always going into hibernation mode when i had set it to sleep, recently i check it and sleep, is completely removed from the list of options in both pressing the sleep button or power option, the problem further extends to that i can't change my resolution on my pc. its locked to native 1920x 1080. i also noticed last night that i could no longer project my screen or adjust its brightness using the keyboard commands fn + f 5,6. and it told me to check my gfx card driver, i couldnt even find it until i looked under the other devices section and tried installing an unknown device it had listed there. it then tells me it was unable to install the driver due to a data error (cyclic redundancy check). also my geforce just recently updated itself after this issue started and so i tried it there, i got an unhelpful could not install some components error there. i'm just wondering what is wrong with my pc here i've running windows 10 since july 29th on its release date and haven't had any issue as severe as this one with it. what can i do to remedy this issue?
2 REPLIES 2

NAlexQ
Level 7
Hello. have you try to install the old driver for your GPU card?

it told me there wasn't even a driver for it installed, but yet i couldnt install the old one or one from windows update, it told me i couldnt even use shaders. i ended up doing a system reset to fix it so it wasn't a hardware problem luckily, but it makes me wonder what it was that broke the driver in the 1st place.