Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I had this problem (or these symptoms, at least). Sadly, Asus support was useless and it took me a while to figure out.

Test your front panel headphone jack and check if you're getting good quality of sound.
    If the sound you're getting is distorted then you've got the exact same problem I had. I think it was, ground cable (If I remember correctly) of the HD audio connection got damaged or torn off somewhere.

Another test, get line in cable (to connect your phone audio output to your mic input) and connect the phone to mic port. Play some music (with stereo sound) and record with windows sound recorder. If the sound is good, but you're missing 1 channel it points to exact same problem.

If you suspect you have the same problem open up your pc and double check if all the small cables for the HD audio connector are connected. Pull them a little (without applying any force, if it's lose it will come out if not you'll feel the resistance) 1 by 1 and 1 of them will probably come out (if it's not already out).
    It could've also gotten damaged on the other end on the board where your mic/headphone jacks go.

If you found the broken cable, either file a warranty claim for your case (or the front panel if it doesn't come with the case) or look up "HD audio connector colors" and solder it where it belongs.
    Last edited by Jitsuryoku; 02-15-2016 at 10:57 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuryoku View Post
    I had this problem (or these symptoms, at least). Sadly, Asus support was useless and it took me a while to figure out.

Test your front panel headphone jack and check if you're getting good quality of sound.
    If the sound you're getting is distorted then you've got the exact same problem I had. I think it was, ground cable (If I remember correctly) of the HD audio connection got damaged or torn off somewhere.

Another test, get line in cable (to connect your phone audio output to your mic input) and connect the phone to mic port. Play some music (with stereo sound) and record with windows sound recorder. If the sound is good, but you're missing 1 channel it points to exact same problem.

If you suspect you have the same problem open up your pc and double check if all the small cables for the HD audio connector are connected. Pull them a little (without applying any force, if it's lose it will come out if not you'll feel the resistance) 1 by 1 and 1 of them will probably come out (if it's not already out).
    It could've also gotten damaged on the other end on the board where your mic/headphone jacks go.

If you found the broken cable, either file a warranty claim for your case (or the front panel if it doesn't come with the case) or look up "HD audio connector colors" and solder it where it belongs.
    That's nice and all, but your problem has nothing to do with our problem. It's not a bad cable, since it happens on both the back and front audio ports and the clicking is when the audio channels are opened and closed. The mic noise is happening with all mics.

ROG Member Array

Oh that, my bad. I read the the first post, but the "rear" part somehow slipped through my eyes.

Anyways, when looking for a solution to my problem I've also seen people dealing with yours.
    #1 solution was uninstall sonic suite and all sound drivers and let windows install them. You miss out on the software, but a lot of people reported that to cure the "clicking".
    I've also seen people RMA the motherboard in 2 cases where the solution above didn't help and that actually fixed the problem for them.

ROG Member Array

Ye, I am not in the mood for stereo sound when I paid a premium price to get the motherboard with the best onboard sound 'in the world'.

ROG Member Array

I know how you feel... In 3 months since i build my PC (Which by the way I barely had a chance to use) I've encountered 3 major issues and while doing research most of them can be linked to asus software/drivers....
    I used to love Asus devices, but now that I've got non-autonomous pieces (none of which were on the cheap range by the way) I'm seeing flaws come out 1 after another.

Anyways at least see if drivers windows downloads eliminate the issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuryoku View Post
    I know how you feel... In 3 months since i build my PC (Which by the way I barely had a chance to use) I've encountered 3 major issues and while doing research most of them can be linked to asus software/drivers....
    I used to love Asus devices, but now that I've got non-autonomous pieces (none of which were on the cheap range by the way) I'm seeing flaws come out 1 after another.

Anyways at least see if drivers windows downloads eliminate the issue.
    Bought a usb sound card for 1 dollar on ebay in which i just plug the mic. But after this im done with asus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2