cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Motherboard, Microphone problem.

mcsahin
Level 7
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Intel Z170 Soket 1151 DDR4 3400MHz(O.C.) USB3.1 motherboard and I have problem with the microphone performance. Be it skype or teamspeak, I need to increase microphone volume to 100 and microphone boost to +20db so people can begin to hear me speak or understand me, but even then I'm told there is static or some other noise that is also being sent to them along with my voice. I tried with different headsets, to both front and rear panels, result is the same. I also tried these headsets with my mac and windows laptops to make sure headsets aren't the problem and they work perfectly.
I also tried latest drivers from; realtek website(latest and some old), asus dvd that came in the box, asus website.
As far as i understand from some googling, people had similar issues with other ASUS motherboards as well. So I would like to know if anyone have had the same issue with this motherboard?
15 REPLIES 15

Vasko1992
Level 7
I have the same problem but it seems no one answers to these things.

Legolas
Level 9
mcsahin wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING Intel Z170 Soket 1151 DDR4 3400MHz(O.C.) USB3.1 motherboard and I have problem with the microphone performance. Be it skype or teamspeak, I need to increase microphone volume to 100 and microphone boost to +20db so people can begin to hear me speak or understand me, but even then I'm told there is static or some other noise that is also being sent to them along with my voice. I tried with different headsets, to both front and rear panels, result is the same. I also tried these headsets with my mac and windows laptops to make sure headsets aren't the problem and they work perfectly.
I also tried latest drivers from; realtek website(latest and some old), asus dvd that came in the box, asus website.
As far as i understand from some googling, people had similar issues with other ASUS motherboards as well. So I would like to know if anyone have had the same issue with this motherboard?

Did you have the lates BIOS? Did you download audio driver at the Asus website? http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Win7-81-10_V6017543.zip
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
Did you have the lates BIOS? Did you download audio driver at the Asus website? http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Win7-81-10_V6017543.zip

I didn't have the latest BIOS but I updated it and it didn't affect the quality whatsoever. Realtek drivers make pretty much no difference as well. I have Windows 10 and I am considering rolling back to 7 or 8 point something but not sure if that will fix the problem. My computer setup is new and I have only used win 10 with it so far. What I'm interested is in people's experience with z170 Pro Gaming on-board sound card's recording performance is it a problem in my motherboard is it a maybe software problem or its recording capabilities are just bad.

I have the same problem with latest bios aswell. My voice is really low and the static high. Here is the sound that im getting http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MGYkG35pvo

I tried both with windows 10 drivers and Asus ones and it doesn't fix it.

Chino
Level 15
Are you using the front panel audio ports from your case or the ones at the back from the motherboard to plug in your headphones?

Chino wrote:
Are you using the front panel audio ports from your case or the ones at the back from the motherboard to plug in your headphones?

Both have the same problem, i tried unpluging the front panel and it didnt help.

same here

scarystuff
Level 7
Same.

MNMadman
Level 8
Apparently this is a fairly common problem with many ASUS boards. Also apparent is that there is no "one fix to rule them all".

I knew it was an issue due to my research before I bought my board, and I avoided it entirely by using a USB headset -- the Corsair Gaming VOID RGB USB 7.1 HD headset.

Any USB headset will do. The good ones like mine will have surround sound and equalizers just like regular headsets so you aren't missing anything (other than the static and popping and other problems, of course). I suggest doing that rather than pulling your hair out searching for a fix that may or may not exist.