cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20AJ i5 Version - Removed Graphics Card and now it's not being recognised

SNB43
Level 7
As the title says I removed the Graphics Card (GTX750), so that I could get access to the SATA III port, but once I had finished and put the pc back together, the card is no longer being recognised. When I connect the HDMI, there was no display on my monitor. I took out the card again so that I could run the display from the integrated Intel Graphics and change the BIOS setting so that it is re-allowed once an external graphics card is enabled.

Sound also no longer works unless I plug in headphones, and under playback devices it says that it is not plugged in. Does anyone know what the problem is and/or and possible solutions? Thanks in advance.
17 REPLIES 17

dianebrat
Level 9
Is it possible that you didn't properly seat the riser card for the GPU?

dianebrat wrote:
Is it possible that you didn't properly seat the riser card for the GPU?

Initially I thought that was the problem, since the card looked like it could go in further (although I'm a noob so idk), but the whole graphics card unit itself would not go down any further.

a100
Level 8
Is the GPU powers up and fan starts spinning or its fully out?

a100 wrote:
Is the GPU powers up and fan starts spinning or its fully out?

I just tested and originally the fan wasn't spinning, but as I went to stand up I accidentally kicked my desk and now it spins, but is still not recognised.

a100
Level 8
No I meant when you power on the G20, does it pass the first start up test? I wanna know if your GPU is getting the power.

a100 wrote:
No I meant when you power on the G20, does it pass the first start up test? I wanna know if your GPU is getting the power.

Are you asking if, when I switch the pc on, does the fan on the GTX750 spin? If so then yes, but it didn't before I kicked my desk.

a100
Level 8
Then I suspected it correctly.

If your GPS is still not working properly, unbox the G20 remove and this time firmly attach Power Pins into your GPU make sure you hear the locking sound.

Also check for other power attachments to be firmly in.

a100 wrote:
Then I suspected it correctly.

If your GPS is still not working properly, unbox the G20 remove and this time firmly attach Power Pins into your GPU make sure you hear the locking sound.

Also check for other power attachments to be firmly in.

I didn't have any power connectors connecting the graphics card to the computer. I had a 6 and 8 pin in the box though. Do I need to use these and if so where do I connect them?

SNB43 wrote:
I didn't have any power connectors connecting the graphics card to the computer. I had a 6 and 8 pin in the box though. Do I need to use these and if so where do I connect them?

See here:
http://www.pcmarket.com.au/blog/upgrading-gpu-asus-rog-g20aj-gaming-desktop-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-v...

and look at the 9th picture down.