cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So that Hero Alpha... When? Less bugs?

Vinny1001
Level 9
Probably won't get an answer, but if anyone has any intel (not the processor), do you have any idea when this will come out? I hope soon, I'd like to try it and see if it gives all the issues my current Hero VIII gives. Then I can return that one too.

Really though, is the Alpha coming soon and will it have less bugs/issues than the current Hero? Could a rep answer at least if they have better software/less bugs?

I'd love to grab it. If these bugs don't get fixed anytime soon, I'll have to part ways with my 3 past Asus mobo builds and go with another brand
Thanks!
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.
3 REPLIES 3

cragar
Level 7
I'm concerned about this too. This after having phantom re-boots and several other issues with the VIII Hero I just purchased and installed. Also, does the new MB now come with two PCI-E slots with 16 lanes each?

Thanks

Vinny1001 wrote:
Probably won't get an answer, but if anyone has any intel (not the processor), do you have any idea when this will come out? I hope soon, I'd like to try it and see if it gives all the issues my current Hero VIII gives. Then I can return that one too.

Really though, is the Alpha coming soon and will it have less bugs/issues than the current Hero? Could a rep answer at least if they have better software/less bugs?

I'd love to grab it. If these bugs don't get fixed anytime soon, I'll have to part ways with my 3 past Asus mobo builds and go with another brand
Thanks!

cragar wrote:
I'm concerned about this too. This after having phantom re-boots and several other issues with the VIII Hero I just purchased and installed. Also, does the new MB now come with two PCI-E slots with 16 lanes each?

Thanks

Well, today they posted the Hero Alpha on their site:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA/

So I'm assuming it will come out soon. Drivers look basically identical to the Maximus Hero, so I am assuming problems would persist if the cause is the motherboard.

I've had all my components on other Z170 boards without issues, but this Hero is giving me issues, so I can single it out. Plus, drivers make stuff run weird.

I sometimes get infinite shut down, then on reboot it will spit out Q Code 00, after it reboots itself a couple times. Eventually it runs fine. I'm not even overclocked, and I've been through 3 sets of ram, ALL working. I just wanted to be sure.

I have pop or static when audio drivers are installed, but it's 100% fine with windows drivers. Speakers, GPU, works without a single issue on my old build.

An Asus representative (a supervisor..) is getting back to me tomorrow on the issue. He said he has noticed many people having the issues, audio, reboot, all of it. He said he took it all to the technical team, so we'll see tomorrow.

I would willingly return this board and just wait for the Alpha, hopefully it will have the fixes that the Hero should be receiving.
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

Thanks for the information Vinny. Your issues sound a lot like the ones I'm having. I also have a Maximus VII Hero MB which has never been a problem.

Craig