Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Member Array

Anyone with VIII Hero and Sound Blaster Z please try out the new BIOS 1902 and see if shut down issue fixed ?

ROG Enthusiast Array TheRiwen PC Specs
    TheRiwen PC Specs
    MotherboardViii Hero
    Processor6700
    Memory (part number)F4-2400C15D-16GVR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI
    Sound CardSoundblaster ZxR
    CPU CoolerNH-U12S
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750X
    Keyboard logitech g910
    OS windows 10 pro

Read this

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/commun...ue-zxr.231810/

Sound like fast boot is the problem.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiwen View Post
    Read this

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/commun...ue-zxr.231810/

Sound like fast boot is the problem.
    Thanks tho, but I've tried to Disable Fast Boot, no help, and his problem isn't exact the same as what we have.

ROG Member Array magma82 PC Specs
    magma82 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    Processori7 6700k
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 3000 2*8GB
    Graphics Card #1Ati 7950 Vapor X 3GB
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    Storage #2WD 3TB + 1TB Green
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S+NFF12
    CaseNanoxia Deep Silence 5
    Power SupplyCorsair Rm750i
    Keyboard Corsair k30
    Mouse Logitech G300
    Headset HD681Evo
    OS Windows 10

in the end i send back the sound blaster and take a asus sound card. Asus cant fix this problem ( i speak alot with Asus Italy and the problem is a intel problem ) and creative wont make a new driver. Asus in future can release a bios for fix this problem but don't know when

ROG Enthusiast Array TheRiwen PC Specs
    TheRiwen PC Specs
    MotherboardViii Hero
    Processor6700
    Memory (part number)F4-2400C15D-16GVR
    Graphics Card #1GTX 980TI
    Sound CardSoundblaster ZxR
    CPU CoolerNH-U12S
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750X
    Keyboard logitech g910
    OS windows 10 pro

There is pax drivers for creativ z

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/commun...-z-zx-zxr.193/

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by magma82 View Post
    Hi all when i put my soundblaster z on any slot, like pciex1 or pciex 8/16 i got sometime stuck at windows start and some fail restart / power off ( monitor mouse and keyboard go off but all rest of pc, video card, all fan etc are all active and need press power off botton for close the pc ). Can someone help me? i try other pciex card ( like usb card ) and havent this problem, try soundblaster on another pc and havent this problem. Anyway sorry for my not good english thanks for help ^^
    You should put your z soundcard in Pciex4_3 slot and set it to Auto, and your soundcard will work fine.
    NEVER put a soundcard in 8/16 slot!

New ROGer Array

Talking Ranger viii and Soundblaster workaround

Quote Originally Posted by catsmoke View Post
    For the record: My Maximus VIII Ranger motherboard with my Sound Blaster Z card (installed in any PCIe slot) will not shut down properly, using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. After I hit Shutdown (or Restart, or any type of powering off) the machine goes through the first two or three seconds of its normal shutdown procedure, then freezes, with no further response. I have all hibernate and sleep options deactivated, and I've tried with the F5 Optimal Settings in BIOS, tried on two different Windows installations, etc.

With the Sound Blaster Z card absent, shutdown always functions normally.

(System specs in pulldown at side of post.)
    I have the same problem with the ranger viii and my sound blaster z and zxr both. I found a work around. Its a pain. It also works for me. Here we go...

1. Start pc and hit del to enter bios.
    2. Shut down pc with the power button.
    3. Start pc and let load through to windows.
    4. The pc will now shut down or restart properly.
    I do this every time I start my pc or it fails every time.

I am ready to buy a new motherboard but from what I have read that wont help and the problem is the sb not the mobo.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I built my new rig this week. Maximus VIII Ranger. After flashing the BIOS to 2001 everything went smoothly, until I migrated my Sound Blaster Z from my old Z97 rig.

From that moment on I could not normally restart or shutdown my PC. The fans would keep spinning, the lights would remain on, etc. I also downloaded the latest drivers from the Creative website, but my PC froze every time I tried to install it. Removing the card solved the problem.

I also tried a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro with the card installed (PCIEx1_3) from the outset. But during the install process Windows encountered a critical error. Removing the card solved the problem.

I spent the entire day trying to troubleshoot the problem by browsing these forums. I tried suggested things like disabling fast boot, installing the card in different slots, etc. to no avail.

I also reinstalled the card in my Z97 rig and it worked flawlessly like before.

Finally, I had no choice but to settle on the onboard audio, but even there I encountered issues with my microphones plugged into the front and rear audio jacks with Sonic Studio II.

So given that I have no proper audio at the moment I went ahead and ordered a Strix Soar sound card in a last ditch effort to get working sound again. I've owned every single generation of Sound Blaster card starting with the Sound Blaster 16 and I've never experienced issues such as this

ROG Enthusiast Array

Many hours later and I made some progress. I downloaded the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (1607) ISO from Microsoft. I then removed the Sound Blaster Z (SB1500), formatted, installed and updated Windows 10 Pro including the basics such as the chipset drivers, etc. Only thereafter did I shutdown and reinsert the Sound Blaster Z. I read on the Creative forums that the Z series of cards require some time to initialize and hence I disabled fast boot and the display logo in the BIOS (2001). From a previous attempt I learned that Windows 10 only recognises the Sound Blaster Z without freezing or other anomalies after the Anniversary Edition has been updated with cumulative update KB3176936. In Device Manager, under Sound, video and game controllers, the card is immediately detected as both a Recon3d device and a Sound Blaster Z. Windows automatically installs a driver dated June 2015 for the Sound Blaster Z. In this state, i.e. without any Creative driver or SBX Pro Studio being installed, the card works flawlessly. Shutdown and restart works normally and I played some games, music and watched a movie without any issues.

However, since the beauty of the card lies in the SBX Pro Studio software, I proceed to install the June 2016 Creative driver package (SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_08.exe), which includes the software. Once complete, my PC restarted normally and I believed everything was sorted. Wrong! The first change I noticed was in Device Manager where the card was still being recognised as a Sound Blaster Z but no longer a Recon3D device. It was now called a Sound Blaster Audio Controller. From this point onwards I could no longer restart or shutdown my PC normally. Every time I tried to uninstall the Sound Blaster Audio Controller my PC would freeze. Whilst Windows recognised the card as a Recond3D device, everything worked faultlessly. The second I installed the Creative driver and Windows recognised the card as a Sound Blaster Audio Controller, everything went pear shaped and the infamous lights and fans remaining on scenario returned. At that point the Q Code on the Ranger is A0.

I guess Windows wants to believe the Sound Blaster Z is a Recon3D in order for it to work. I’m thinking of reformatting as per the abovementioned procedure and trying either of the older Creative Sound Blaster Z drivers of August 2015 (SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_03.exe) or even the Recon3D drivers of the same date (SBRP_CD_L13_1_02_03.exe), if the device will allow me, and see if any of these two will work.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I (think) I solved it! After experiencing some issues with other components, most notably my Corsair H110i cooler and my new ASUS Strix Soar sound card, I removed the ASMedia USB 3.0 drivers (the latest version on the ASUS website at the time of writing is 1.16.35.1 and from ASMedia directly is 1.16.38.1 - dated 16 September 2016) and allowed Windows to replace and update them with Intel/Microsoft USB 3.0 drivers. Immediately my issues with the cooler and sound card was resolved. So I replaced the Soar with my Z and gave it one last shot, and viola! My PC is restarting and shutting down normally, etc! It probably still requires some testing but given the fact the Z caused the restart/shutdown problem immediately after being installed, I am very positive that the problem is solved. I am steering clear of the ASMedia USB 3.0 drivers from now on!
    Last edited by weeswolf; 09-19-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5