Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Same for me. I returned the GL752 and ordered a Acer Aspire V 17 Nitro - Black Editon.

Thanks guys, for all your support and good luck to everybody with similar problems.

ROG Member Array

MY APOLOGIES, DIDN'T SEE THE TOPIC HANDLING ABOUT GL752VW LAPTOP, MY ANSWER IS VALID FOR G752VT LAPTOPS

Already explained in another topic, but don't mind repeating myself.

I have completely functional 950 Pro running in laptop, other SSD is safely tucked away in the Asus box.
    Using the nvme version: http://www.materiel.net/ssd/samsung-...go-122255.html

What I did was:
    • add 950 Pro ssd next to original ssd
    • in windows 10, go to "disk management"
    • in "disk management", initialize the SSD 950 Pro
    • start "Samsung Data migration" to copy the whole windows install on the 950 Pro
    • 2 minutes later, shut down laptop, take out original SSD, put the 950 Pro in the spot the original SSD was placed in
    • Enjoy superior performance with no problems whatsoever

Haven't tried Samsung Magician yet, could try it tonight, but all in all, I have been pleasantly surprised by the easiness (I mount computers since I was like 13 years old, have known Windows 3.1 and up, so this is really easy from my point of view).
    Last edited by Xploited Titan; 11-30-2015 at 07:07 PM.

ROG Member Array

Do you have a G752 series? This is a specific problem with this model. There are several success stories of it working on the G751. The problem is that the bios is stuck in "RAID" mode and will not let you change it to "AHCI" which I believe is needed to use this drive.

ROG Member Array

G752vt to be exact.

ROG Member Array

What would you call "initializing" the drive? Are you just formatting it? I do not see the option to initialize on my disk management screen. I have an SM951 also. Should be the same thing though for the most part.

ROG Member Array

MY APOLOGIES, DIDN'T SEE THE TOPIC HANDLING ABOUT GL752VW LAPTOP, MY ANSWER IS VALID FOR G752VT LAPTOPS

First time use, 950 Pro did not appear in my windows explorer.
    In disk management, it appeared greyed out with small text about it having to be initialized.
    I just r-clicked the 950 Pro and clicked the logical answer (no idea if it is called initialize or something else ).
    Doing so immediately unlocked the 950 Pro and allowed me to use Samsung data migration.

Rest of the steps mentioned in my first post.
    Last edited by Xploited Titan; 11-30-2015 at 07:07 PM.

ROG Member Array

My issue was different. The GL752VW has only one M.2 socket.
    It was no visible anywhere in the Bios. Also the Windows disk management didn't show the drive at all.
    Just to be clear from my side. So either the board of my GL752VW had a hardware defect or there are other general issues with the GL752VW.

Maybe we should not start mixing up issues of G752 and GL752 laptops until someone else than me had more luck installing a SM951 to a GL752.

ROG Member Array

Right, my apologies. Missed the "L" after the "G". Want me to delete my posts to clear your topic ?
    Last edited by Xploited Titan; 11-30-2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: autocorrect from smartphone -_-

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by travo5200 View Post
    I finally found a tech support guy at Asus who wasn't full of **** or a know-nothing. He agreed that it is the bios and that a bios update will solve it if it is added. It needs to be on AHCI which is currently not an option in the 205 G752VT bios. The only option is RAID. So, I guess I am stuck waiting for Asus to fix a major feature that should have been fixed before release.
    My System came with a 208 version Bios. Very weird. Maybe it is fixed on my BIOS?

The weird thing is the bios release date is like 12/12, which makes me think they loaded my machine with a bios that they have not released yet.

ROG Member Array

@Xploited Titan: It's ok, as long as everybody is aware that we are talking about different machines in this thread.
    I think they are both very similar, but not identical. Therefore we may face different issues.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast