cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero New BIOS 3003

KotTHECat
Level 10
Hello everyone!
Just flashed new BIOS without any problems. How about you guys?
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro
17 REPLIES 17

Captain_Kittens
Level 7
I flashed them last night but have been having the same problem since I flashed the version from Oct. I am getting BSOD's in Win 10 with the "clock watchdog timeout" error when playing intensive games like BF4 and GTA V. The last time I had this problem, with Win 7, it was crashing because of AI Suite. As soon as I uninstalled it my PC became problem free.

I updated to Win 10 a week ago and flashed new Bios and now I am back to getting this error message. AI Suite is not installed and I am not overclocking. Everything in the BIOS is set to "auto" but my 4790k has been idling higher than usual lately (55 degrees when idle in windows) so I am going to check it out and see if maybe heat is the problem. However, like I said, my PC was problem-free until I either A...upgraded to Win 10 or B....updated the Bios. Its either one or the other at this point.

What version were you running that was NOT giving you issues? Can you flash back to that one?

Burner27 wrote:
What version were you running that was NOT giving you issues? Can you flash back to that one?

Honestly I don't remember...I think it was version 2012 or possibly the one right after that. I am going to revert back to Win 7 before I flashback older BIOS to see if the problem still persists. I really think its related to Win 10 itself but who knows I could be wrong.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I just flashed to 3003 without any issues, entered bios and corrected my settings and now I'm here.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

FZero
Level 7
Good day everyone !

I updated my VII Ranger to 3003 a few minutes ago and as you can see i have no problems for now. If something happens i will post here.

Shakecip
Level 10
Does this bios repair the fast boot problem?

FZero
Level 7
Quick update.

A few hours have passed and everything works great nothing more to say.

Shakecip
Level 10
Do you have random mouse freeze when listening music on youtube? I tought that this bios might resolve this problem, or might be realtek driver issue? i have windows 10.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I don't have any usb issues with my peripherals so its entirely possible that it's a driver issue. If your mouse is the only item misbehaving then it could be the problem. Have you tried another mouse to see if it also behaves the same way? Also are you running the windows 10 1511 fall update or the original version? The 1511 update addresses several issues and you can get it via WU or directly using the media creation tool.

Shakerip what fastboot issue are you referring to? I've had issues with it in the past causing issues so I run with it disabled ATM. I would like to speed up the boot process as much as possible so I would like to run with it enabled.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932