I have:

Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5960X
2x GeForce 980Ti
G.Skill RAM 32GB
Intel 750 1.2TB
2x Intel 730 480GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU

My QR code stops on "d6" and goes no further. The manual says that code means"No Console Output Devices are found"? What do I do?
59 REPLIES 59

Nate152
Hello supprimendi tyrannidem

Is this a new build and has your pc ever worked normally?

Code d6 is usually a gpu related error, check you have the pcie power cables connected to your gpu's and they're fully seated in the pcie slots. You can also try connecting to your monitor with different cable types, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort.

Are you sure the code is d6 and not db? d6 will have a line across the top of the 6.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello supprimendi tyrannidem

Is this a new build and has your pc ever worked normally?

Code d6 is usually a gpu related error, check you have the pcie power cables connected to your gpu's and they're fully seated in the pcie slots. You can also try connecting to your monitor with different cable types, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort.

Are you sure the code is d6 and not db? d6 will have a line across the top of the 6.

Yes it is a new build. It does not even have an OS on it yet.

It said "d6", but now it saying "A2".

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
Sometimes, when I try to boot it, the QR Code says A2, which means "IDE Detect".

So it either says d6 for "No Console Output Devices are found" or A2 for "IDE Detect".

What do I do?

Nate152
Yeah code A2 can also be the gpu and that's what I'm suspecting here.

Try with just one gpu in the first pcie slot and see if it boots, make sure you have the pcie power cables connected. if it still gives you d6 or A2 try different monitor cables and make sure you're connecting the cable to the 980ti.

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
Face palm--the Display Port cable was not plugged all the way into the monitor.

The "American Megatrends" screen now comes on, but the QR Cose still says "A2".

Nate152
OK good you got to the bios screen. 🙂

Now code A2 with display is pointing to your boot drive, are you able to enter the bios by pressing the DEL key?

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
Yes, and I just set my Intel 730 2x to RAID, but there was no mention of it reading my Intel 750 1.2 TB.

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
How do I know when I am in UEFI mode?

How do I make my Intel 730 SSD's in RAID 0 into my boot drive? I am only getting the option for the Intel 750, but I want it on my Intel 730's that are in RAID 0.