cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VIII Ranger i7 6700K Voltage Question

Aligndude
Level 7
Hi There,

I have recently switched to intel, and have begun to start playing with overclocking.

I currently have 4.7Ghz set with a multiplier of 47 and a voltage of 1.35V my question is in AI Suite I see the voltage going up to 1.38/1.39V quite often and not to sure why.

The other question about programs such as HWiNFO64 & CPUZ have both shown 1.45V quite often, I'm not to sure which one to believe and if my vCore should be even going above what I've set in general.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Matt
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
There will always be some kind of voltage fluctuations. It's normal.

As far as monitoring programs go, stick with one. Running multiple programs at the same time will cause polling issues. When it comes to voltage and multipler monitoring, I only use CPU-Z.

Sandbagger
Level 7
I believe ASUS shows the correct voltage. I have found other programs do not account for vdroop fluctuations properly.

If you set CPU Load Line Calibration to lvl 5 you minimize the effects of vdroop and the voltage will stay close to what you set in the bios. Turbo + Offset. I am set at 1.34 with a .04 offset. When I was using AI Suite Asus would correctly show my voltage around 1.38 and it would remain steady. This also allows me to use other programs and feel comfortable that the voltage I am seeing is the correct voltage as with my latest wipe I chose not to install AI Suite due to issues it seems to have. If you leave LLC to auto you will see fluctuations from Vdroop.