cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about FrozenCPU?

_TRG__Kicker
Level 7
So whats the story with frozencpu? Are they back to filling orders? I ask cause i remember a few months back a bunch of negative talk about not filling orders and the owner being a user. Coming all doped up and freaking out on his employees and not paying his bills. I even remember reading a tweet from EKWB about this.

So are they back in business and still the same old FrozenCPU? Dont really want to spend money with them unless they have been rebuilding what was destroyed.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hello Kicker

Yeah Frozencpu was having problems a while back I think the owner got into some kind of trouble, an easy way to tell if they're back in business is call the phone number at the top of their page.

If you get a recording they are not back in business.

_TRG__Kicker
Level 7
Ya i dont think they are. Just checked their facebook and saw a few posts talking about no one picking up the phone.

Nate152
Yep they're not back in business then, I tried calling them for a while and same thing, just a recording.

Korth
Level 14
FrozenCPU is a small company. Apparently so small that there isn't always a person available to answer the phone and return emails. Things can gert backed up if the only employee is off on vacation for a few days, lol. Do you assume your friends have suddenly moved away forever just because they aren't always answering your calls?

They're still announcing sales and such, active every week or two, so I doubt they're permanently out of business.

I've received two large orders filled with small parts from FrozenCPU this year, online payments accepted immediately (as always) and shipping eventually delivered the orders after long almost-unreasonable delays (as always) but otherwise it appears to be business as usual.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nate152
When did you order your stuff Korth? I know from about February to about a month or two ago noone answered and I called almost everyday for a while. They even had a notification on their front page.

Maybe they are back in business the only way to tell is call.

Hopper64
Level 15
I'm using ModMyMods now. Had to switch due to the above issues of being out of business. ModMyMods has most of what I need.

Hated to see FCPU go though. Used them for years before the problem earlier this year.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

EasyLover
Level 8
They are back in business. I can confirm bcz very recently I've purchased DEMCI Filter for Corsair 760T from them. They were professional and only took some hours in taking the order, processing it and shipping. Items were delivered in two days on the specified address and all the items in the kit were perfectly fine.
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!

Korth
Level 14
The last order I placed with them was paid for mid January 2015 and reached me early March 2015. I recall there were issues with placing new orders at the time but I'd thought it was just a sloppy website thing - I'm sort of used to that anyways since I often have to "special order" things from USA to Canada, the Canada-USA border is walking distance from my home but causes all sorts of terrible shipping issues.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Hopper64
Level 15
Found this discussion about the situation at FCPU. Probably worth reading.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1851830&page=26
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro