cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

05 code and shut down issues with Maximus VI Gene?

SastusBulbas
Level 8
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could direct me as to what the 05 code may indicate on my PC.

When I switch the PC off, IE lower right windows icon and select shutdown, there are three states I get random occurances of, one is it actually shutting down, another is it just restarting, another is it just seemingly sleeping with a 05 code but unresponsive.

Original BIOS I believe, running no overclocks, 4770K with Patriot Black Mamba 2400Mhz 2x4gb running at 10.12.12.31 and an MSI Twin Frozr 7950. PSU is a Seasonic X-650 from a previous build. Using a Samsung 840 Pro SSD with Windows 7 64bit Ultimate and a 4tb HGST drive for storage.

Thankyou
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello SastusBulbas

I just checked in your manual and oddly enough code 05 is not listed, but I would suspect it's entering the s5 sleep state. If it's unresponsive trying to come out of that it would indicate instability somewhere, maybe with your ram.

Another thing to try would be updating to the latest bios version or just skip selecting the sleep/hibernate option altogether.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello SastusBulbas

I just checked in your manual and oddly enough code 05 is not listed, but I would suspect it's entering the s5 sleep state. If it's unresponsive trying to come out of that it would indicate instability somewhere, maybe with your ram.

Another thing to try would be updating to the latest bios version or just skip selecting the sleep/hibernate option altogether.

Some time later, but here I am looking on Google to see if anyone has yet resolved this issue. Surely someone at Asus knows how to resolve this issue?

YES I have had this issue consistently since buying this motherboard, I have done BIOS updates, changed memory, and have sleep/hibernate off completely.

I am tempted to rebuild this PC with a different PSU, but feel I am wasting my time.

raju2529
Level 7
Will you able to boot into safe mode and work for some time .
I think some files are corrupted in windows .
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754