cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QCode 00, bd, 96, 53 etc Seems to be gone but OC Panel seems to be bringing them back

EasyLover
Level 8
Hey guys, this will be a bit lengthy post but worth reading in my opinion:

I was having issues with my PC ever since I assembled it. Besides the codes mentioned in the title PC acted strange some times. Here is what I did, try it if that helps you.

Take out the motherboard from the PC Chassis. Put it on any non conducting surface like woodboard or you may use the packing box of the motherboard as well. Remove the CPU, RAM, graphics card every thing including power connectors. Then remove the CMOS battery.

Keep your BIOS file (R5E.CAP) ready on a formatted USB Drive. Wait for like 5 minutes. Put the CMOS Battery in. Plug in the USB drive on the designated ROG USB Ccnnect port. Connect the 24 pin ATX power connector and EPS connectors. Nothing else, not even the RAM or the CPU. Make sure the power connectors are put in correctly and firmly.

Power on the PSU. Don't power on the motherboard. Press the ROG Connect button and keep it pressed until flashing light appears. You may take off your finger then 😛 Wait till the flashing light remains on. When that lights goes off. Remove the USB Drive and Press the CMOS Clear button. Power off the PSU.

Examine the CPU Socket on the board for any bend/broken pin. Ideally you should use magnifying glass and flash light. If that is ok then Install the CPU. Make sure CPU is placed firmly on the socket and that it is not shaking. Afterwards install the cooler. Make sure that block on the CPU is not tight fit.

Now, power on the PSU and Power on the board. It should come up and give you error code of 53 or some thing indicating that RAM is missing. Power it off. Insert a single RAM module on the red color DIMM on C1 or D1. I put it in D1. Power on the motherboard. It should run and it may restart for once. If every thing goes right you should be getting d6 error code indicating the console output device is missing.

Power it off. Install the graphics card. Power on the motherboard and you should get to the BIOS. Proceed with connecting other components like storage drives etc. Plug in the EZ Plug if on multiple graphics cards. More power won't hurt.

It is better to keep the board out for some days and test it for any instability etc.

I did the same and for two days it is running perfectly fine. I was of the view that either BIOS was never flashed properly or the CPU was not seated properly including uneven water block mounting on the CPU. I'm not cleared about it yet though.

Now coming to the point, I did not connect the ROG Panel uptill now. Thought of checking it as well before assembling the PC again. I connected the ROG Panel and crazy stuff started to happen again. Disconnected it from the board and system is still running perfectly. Now question is what could be wrong? Unit is faulty? Cable problem? Motherboard ROG Header is faulty?

Any input/suggestion is appreciable please. Sorry for such a lengthy post and thanks for reading.
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!
13 REPLIES 13

Chino
Level 15
EasyLover wrote:

Now coming to the point, I did not connect the ROG Panel uptill now. Thought of checking it as well before assembling the PC again. I connected the ROG Panel and crazy stuff started to happen again. Disconnected it from the board and system is still running perfectly. Now question is what could be wrong? Unit is faulty? Cable problem? Motherboard ROG Header is faulty?

Define crazy stuff.

EasyLover
Level 8
Same error codes, freezing on 79 etc, restart etc.

Update: I've connected my PSU's digital link interface cable (usb 2.0) on the ROG header (as one part of it is USB 2.0 header) and it is working just fine. Ran some benchmarks to test if the power info is being changed and read and it was.

EasyLover
Level 8
@Chino : Any insight or suggestion please. I've tested it. When panel is connected system starts doing 00, 79, bd and once disconnected it starts just fine.

Chino
Level 15
Weird.

The OC Panel shouldn't cause that kind of problem. Do you have anything connected to the OC Panel? Fans, SATA power cable, etc...? Also is it installed in your case or do you have it on the desk?

Yes really weird. Could not just understand the logic behind it. I'm running the PC out of the case for testing purpose. It is on the desk. 😞

Chino
Level 15

EasyLover
Level 8
It froze on 79. Restarted it. Then froze at bd. Then classic 00. Afterwards, I removed it and system booted up just fine.

Chino
Level 15

EasyLover
Level 8
Both are off. I've tried two times today with OC Panel connected but same thing both times. One time it freezes at bf and then after a wait freeze to death at bd. Next attempt saw the beautiful 00. Removed the OC Panel and system booted just fine without any issue/error.