cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Warning: Ensure to install mei driver before using asus 5-way optimization" appears

wvlucas
Level 7
This alert has been probably posted more times that anyone would expect, but I have searched and have not found a solution to resolving the alert when the system loads Windows.

To resolve satisfy the alert, I have reinstalled the, "MEI_V11_0_0_1155_20150709_WHQL_1-5M" driver, then restarted the system to see if the alert message continues to appear shortly after Windows desktop loads. To my disappointment, the alert continues to nag.

Is there something I am missing here? I have reinstalled the MEI driver and reinstalled the chipset driver which both were downloaded from ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 support site.

Here is the list of the installations:
MEI_V11.0.0.1155_20150709_WHQL_1.5M
(08/07/2015)

Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V10.1.2.8 for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
(09/09/2015)

If anyone has knowledge of specifics on how to resolve this, I would appreciate your help. Could you share the link to get this resolved?

Mod, please remove this post if it has already been added to the forum.
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, that is correct. The MEI driver was downloaded from the ASUS R5E support page under Windows 10 64bit.

Now what I am experiencing is the system will no longer boot to an OS. It will boot and hang at the F2/DEL. When attempting to access the BIOS, all attempts fail when pressing either DEL or F2 keys.

Right now, I have tried all of the reset buttons, including the one on the rear of the mobo panel.

So until I am able to at least boot to the BIOS, I am SOL in getting anything corrected, if you know what I mean.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

For the above message install the latest version of Intel XTU.

Chino
Level 15
What is the QCODE that is displaying on the DEBUG LED when your system halts? Also do any of the 4 QLEDs that are beside the 24 pin connector remain lit?

Chino wrote:
What is the QCODE that is displaying on the DEBUG LED when your system halts? Also do any of the 4 QLEDs that are beside the 24 pin connector remain lit?

What I am seeing when the system attempts to boot then stalls, is QCODE "A2", IDE Detected. I have tried starting the system by pulling all of the SATA connected drives and attempted another boot, but the system still did not respond to DEL / F2 option to load the BIOS.

Regarding the Q-Led status, it seems that the red LED is associates with BOOT_DEVICDE_LED. I am not able to attached a screenshot for some reason, the option to attached is grayed out for me. Anyway, even though, the screenshot indicates the LED is pointing to the "Boot_Device_Led".

I am not sure what could cause the system not to boot nor to access the BIOS. The only thing that was done, was after getting the Warning MEI message, the MEI_V11.0.0.1155_20150709_WHQL_1.5M driver was to installed, which was obtained from the ASUS support page for this motherboard.

On a footnote, I am aware there are a differences between RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 and the RAMPAGE V EXTREME support downloads. When I log into my ASUS account, I go to the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 support page only to get the applications or drivers that support my board. I do not know, per se, if there is a difference between the files on each support page mentioned, but I have only used the files from the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 page.

Sorry about not getting back with you sooner Chino. Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the States and I was spending time with the family.

Thank you for your assistance with this issue.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Try disconnecting all the USB devices connected to your system. Clear the CMOS and see if it posts normally.

I removed all of the USB devices and attempted to boot to BIOS, but that attempt had failed as well. I then disconnected the SATA Blu-ray drives and was able to get the system to boot to BIOS (once). After loading the BIOS, I then exited the BIOS with the option of not saving any settings. Not sure why, but after removing the power cables to both Blu-ray drives, the system immediately prompted for F1 settings. However, after loading the BIOS once, after a reboot another attempt was made to load the BIOS had failed. So disconnecting the SATA Blu-Ray drives helped to access the BIOS, but only once. After that one time, all other attempts to access the BIOS fails.

red454
Level 11
So, what is the latest? Any luck?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

red454 wrote:
So, what is the latest? Any luck?

Apparently, what had happened was that when I ran the MEI driver installation that was downloaded from the ASUS support site, the system did not like that and chocked, forcing the BIOS to become corrupt. I was forced to re-flash the BIOS using the flash drive on the rear panel. After re-flashing the BIOS, the system was stable.

Before all hell broke loose, BIOS v1701 was loaded. For the recovery, v1502 was loaded. Currently, I am running v1502. I am thinking that the MEI driver from the ASUS website may not like BIOS v1701, but I haven't had the real time needed to investigate this theory.

For the time being, I'll be a little bit more hesitant in grabbing MEI driver at the blink of an eye.

In conclusion, all seems to be well now.