Did you mean: 

P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Slow Post

mrboonmee
Level 7
P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3
i7 2600K
Crucial M4 128g
G.Skill DDR3 1866 XMP #2

From the beep to seeing anything on the monitor about 19 seconds.

Runs perfectly other than the slow post thing.

Full Screen Logo: Disabled
Post Report: 1 Sec.
Boot option #1: Windows Boot manager

Advanced\Onboard Devices Config:

Marvell Storage Controller: Disabled
JMB Storage Controller: Disabled
Realtek LAN: Disabled
Intel PXE Option ROM: Disabled
Serial Port: Disabled
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Try setting your CPU to manual and set the bclk to 100. Also make note of the memory settings and set those manually. Perhaps if it does not try to automatically set these for you it will boot faster.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Try setting your CPU to manual and set the bclk to 100. Also make note of the memory settings and set those manually. Perhaps if it does not try to automatically set these for you it will boot faster.

Same thing. 20 seconds.

OS was installed with only the SSD in place.

Does this have anything to do with GPT boot vs. MBR?

I unplugged both optical drives and bingo! booted right up. turns out it was not the Blu-ray drive but the LG DVDRW drive. I can not believe it took me that long to unplug those. all is well, board works great.

Berkow89
Level 7
I admit, I have not been on rog.asus.com in a long time however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues.

HiVizMan
Level 40
mrboonmee thanks for sharing the solution with us all.

I have had the same thing with my USB3 drive connected.

Cheers mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.