cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Headset Not Making Any Sound

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
My gaming headset isn't playing audio. I downloaded its driver and I can hear beeps in the ear-cans when I plug it into a USB port, but nothing else. What am I doing wrong?
11 REPLIES 11

Korth
Level 14
Probably a driver problem (you installed the wrong driver for that headset) or software problem (you need to install Logitech/Corsair/SteelSeries/etc software to make it work) or some audio setting is misconfigured (muted) somewhere in your operating system.

Possibly a USB problem. Or the headphone jack is improperly connected to the audio source. Or a component in your audio chip/card hardware is dead.

Can you list your system specs?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nate152
You can also right click on the speaker on the bottom right of your screen and click playback devices and see that your headphones are set as the default device.

Nate152 wrote:
You can also right click on the speaker on the bottom right of your screen and click playback devices and see that your headphones are set as the default device.

I check there and they are recognized by name as a default device and even make a sound when prompted to do so from there, but I still can't hear anything else like a Youtube video.

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
I've got a Corsair Headset device. It has a USB port connector. When I plug it into the front panel, the sPC recognizes it by name and I here its initial tones, but there is no audio when I play a video or the like. I can plug my old earbuds into the headphone jack (not a USB port) and hear videos, and I can plug some old PC speakers into the audio section of the I/O area in the back and get sound, but I can't get sound with my Corsair headset even though the Rampage v Extreme recognizes it.

Nate152
I'm not a big fan of usb headsets they always gave me some sort of problem. Make sure you have it connected to a usb 2.0 port, the blue ones are usb 3.0.

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
Okay, just got it and sounds great (lol, I'm giddy)! Nate152, your mention of default device got me looking through my control panel for default devices.

This helped too: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=117715

Thanks, guys!

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
Counter Strike, here I come. . ..

Nate152
You're welcome

Good to hear you got it working ! 😉

There are enhancements and adjustments if you're not 100% happy with the sound.