Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Phoebus pops while in windows, followed by channels getting mixed up?

    I've been having a problem with my phoebus card (this happened in windows 7 and now 10). What will happen is the sound card will pop and then the sound channels will get mixed up (center plays from right, left plays in center, etc.). The only way to fix it is to set another playback device as the default device in the speaker settings of windows, and then setting it back to my logitech surround sound speakers (logitech z906).

    This will work for sometimes an hour, other times only for a few minutes. It's really frustrating. Any advice? I've tried reinstalling/uninstalling drivers in the past with no difference.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    I've never had that problem and I'm starting to think it's related to defective run of codec chips or some conflict with other computer hardware. I hear about it all the time, though.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrasz View Post
    I've been having a problem with my phoebus card (this happened in windows 7 and now 10). What will happen is the sound card will pop and then the sound channels will get mixed up (center plays from right, left plays in center, etc.). The only way to fix it is to set another playback device as the default device in the speaker settings of windows, and then setting it back to my logitech surround sound speakers (logitech z906).

    This will work for sometimes an hour, other times only for a few minutes. It's really frustrating. Any advice? I've tried reinstalling/uninstalling drivers in the past with no difference.
    its a known problem, maybe i got a workaorund about that.
    - go to playback device
    - klik your speaker
    - configure
    - audio chanel set to 7.1, next
    - unclick the side pair, next
    - click frond left right, and surroud speaker, next, finish

    i hope that help u

    there's a video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MYDfpJ2ctM
    jump to 2.03, do excactly like he do
    Last edited by klgede; 11-27-2015 at 02:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Are you guys already using the newest software version (4.26)?

    If you haven't updated to the latest beta driver, you can download it at the link below:
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...4_26_win10.zip

    If you guys are already using newest beta driver, please provide me with your full system specs and the Windows 10 version you are using and I will pass all the information over to our software dev team to further look into the issue.

    Thanks,
    Bahz

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array kentukky PC Specs
    kentukky PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Sabertooth P67
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 2600K (4.4Ghz)
    Memory (part number)Kingston DDR3 8GB (1333Mhz)
    Graphics Card #1Asus GeForce GTX 680 DCII
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung P2770H
    Storage #1Samsung 830 SSD (128Gb)
    Storage #2WD Black (1Tb)
    CPU CoolerAlpenfoehn Himalaya
    CaseCooler Master CM620 II Advanced (Nvidia)
    Power SupplyFSP 700W
    Keyboard Genius
    Mouse A4Tech X7
    OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
    kentukky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    WOW! A living administrator! I haven't seen those for ages.
    The problem with channel mismatch exists since the release of the soundcard and there is no way to fix it without driver updates.
    You can format your hard disk and install Windows again, deactivate "Onboard Audio" in BIOS, do a barrel roll - it doesn't help at all!
    No matter which OS you choose, the problem will be still there. (Tested on Windows 7, 8.1, 10) The funny thing is, that even my Mainboard is from Asus and was released in the same time, just check my profile.
    Your Support ignores us all the time, and that's not funny at all. I know, that the problem can be fixed - because you already made a "Multichannel Fix" for Xonar D2X. So what's the problem with Phoebus?

    Proof:
    PLX fireware update Ver 1.0
    Description:
    1.Fix channel swap and noise/latency during 192kHz 5.1/7.1 playback when used with certain motherboards
    It's a shame to release three new soundcards before the old one is working properly, without issues. And I even don't speak about less important issues, like bad ASIO support or EAX in certain games. (Best example: Bioshock - EAX is not usable in this game, because of cracking noise)
    I really hope, that something will change soon.... Bahz, you're our last hope, since Raja is fired or dead... I don't know.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    272

    Did hell just freeze over? Quick question(s) to the admin, what's the deal with the UI swaps? I mean there's the classic UI, then sonic studio, then the classic UI again in the win10 betas. Do you guys plan to settle on something at some point?

    And since you're here, there are a few feature requests:

    - The surround simulation: xear surround sucks quality wise, but manages to fool windows panel into thinking there is actually a 7.1 system plugged in which also forces many games to use real 5.1/7.1 output. In sonic studio, the surround simulation sounds great, but it's just a stereo expand, games output in pure stereo which makes it kind of pointless. Get rid of xear and please make the sonic studio work as it should.
    - If asus decides to keep sonic studio, please add FlexBass, bass redirection is kind of important.
    - The little control thingy shipped with the phoebus is useless in sonic studio, no beam forming...
    - We would like DDL and all of the digital thingies back, thank you.

    Will try to think of more, feel free to complete the list.

    Quote Originally Posted by kentukky View Post
    you're our last hope, since Raja is fired or dead... I don't know.
    Nah, he's still here he just doesn't give a damn anymore (seriously, what is he paid for again?)
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 11-29-2015 at 01:57 PM.

  7. #7
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. I'll relay everything over to the software team and try to work with them on the issues.

    Hope you guys don't misunderstand, Raja is not helping out for the audio products anymore because a lot of the sound cards have been discontinued for US side. His time is mostly being spent on overclock.net where he's one of the most active members over there. His focus is mainly with motherboard products and on motherboard software issues, and with those tasks his hands are completely full.

    Regarding the UI, it's mainly because the software is in beta stage so the software team decided to stick with the classic UI. I will have to check with them if the official version will revert back to the Sonic Studio UI.

    Again, I appreciate all the information and there's only so much I can answer. The best thing I can do is to gather as much information as I can and keep pushing our software team to address each issue. When I have any new updates I'll definitely update everyone.

    Cheers,
    Bahz

  8. #8
    iron man Array kkn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Reputation
    243
    Posts
    6,112

    well the Phoebus/Xonar Phoebus is like 3 years old now almost?
    and the software updates on it have been close to zero from day one.
    there have been 5 software updates and last one is over a year old.
    heres the last update on the last posted file -> 2014/02/08 ( february 8'th 2014 )

    Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    - If asus decides to keep sonic studio, please add bassflex, bass redirection is kind of important.
    the card have flexbass ( the xonar have atleast )
    https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    272

    Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    the card have flexbass ( the xonar have atleast )
    https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/
    Whoops, flexbass. It's actually present in the "old" ui but it's nowhere to be found in sonic studio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. I'll relay everything over to the software team and try to work with them on the issues.

    Hope you guys don't misunderstand, Raja is not helping out for the audio products anymore because a lot of the sound cards have been discontinued for US side. His time is mostly being spent on overclock.net where he's one of the most active members over there. His focus is mainly with motherboard products and on motherboard software issues, and with those tasks his hands are completely full.

    Regarding the UI, it's mainly because the software is in beta stage so the software team decided to stick with the classic UI. I will have to check with them if the official version will revert back to the Sonic Studio UI.

    Again, I appreciate all the information and there's only so much I can answer. The best thing I can do is to gather as much information as I can and keep pushing our software team to address each issue. When I have any new updates I'll definitely update everyone.

    Cheers,
    Bahz
    Oh my, with just one message we got more info than in the past 3 years, thank you.

  10. #10
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Just an update for you guys, I confirmed with our software team that they will stick with the Classic UI from now on, so no more Sonic Studio UI.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •