cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this good, or is it excellent?

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
I'm thinking that a CPU temp holding steady at 33C and both graphics cards staying at 29C, though #2 keeps jumping back and forth every few seconds between 28C and 29C, with my radiator fans averaging under 600 RPM is good?

I'm very thankful on this Thanksgiving Day for the peeps here who helped me make this possible. Without your help on solving my bad aftermarket Windows 10 flash drive problem, I would have had to get drastic about things.

I'm having Ramen noodles instead of turkey and dressing so I can pay for my PC, but I'm very happy to be doing so.
2 REPLIES 2

Korth
Level 14
A variance of a few degrees is perfectly normal, the sensors aren't very accurately calibrated, the software has sloppy rounding errors, component temps and voltages drift a little as hardware does its thing. Fans usually don't spin up until they're actually needed, this saves power and reduces noise.

CPUs typically idle around 35C-45C, GPUs around 25C-35C (because they typically have more aggressive cooling). Temps go up under peak load, fans usually ramp up around 50C, things can sometimes hit 65C or 75C or more (with the fans going all out) before the system trottles performance down, they can probably hit around 85C or 95C before the system failsafes start shutdown. Exact thermal thresholds and fan power curves are usually advertised in part specs. You can confirm temps with programs like HWMonitor and GPU-Z.

Your temps look pretty good, whether they're desktop or laptop.

Glad that you're enjoying!
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

supprimendi_tyr
Level 7
Thanks for the links. I'll check them out after I go to mom's and help her put up her Christmas tree.