cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW screen goes black.

ColdNorthMenace
Level 7
So, I have an issue where sometimes my screen just goes black on my GL752VW. Randomly it will just stop showing image, but the sound will continue. I have a friend who says this has been an issue here and there with ROG laptops. This does not seem to matter whether it's during gaming or during OS work. Should I just bring it back to the store, or is there something I can do to fix the issue at home. I absolutely love the laptop, but I can't just have it stop working on me like that.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the GPU drivers, Intel and nVidia.
11 REPLIES 11

ColdNorthMenace
Level 7
I figured it was a hardware fault. I exchanged the laptop.

I also have a gl752vw and it happened to me 3 times but only for a few seconds. When your laptop goes black screen does it recover? I want to know if my laptop has hardware defects before its too late.

mocoyR wrote:
I also have a gl752vw and it happened to me 3 times but only for a few seconds. When your laptop goes black screen does it recover? I want to know if my laptop has hardware defects before its too late.

I had this happen to me, except my device would stay black and wouldn't recover until a restart.
i updated the bios and so far I've not experienced any more blackouts.

ColdNorthMenace wrote:
I figured it was a hardware fault. I exchanged the laptop.

If it happens again, there have been reports on the forums as indicated by prototype that a bios update has eliminated this problem. The latest bios updates for the GL752 can be found at: http://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL752VW/HelpDesk_Download/

And here are the instructions on how to complete the bios update per the manual. Note: You'll need a flash drive.

what are other means to save the file. Is it ok to use usb? sorry I'm a newbie for this kind of stuff

pls help. after I updated the bios 210 the backlight of the keyboard is not working.

mocoyR wrote:
pls help. after I updated the bios 210 the backlight of the keyboard is not working.

have you tried reinstalling the ASUS ATK drivers again?
i9 14900k, z790, GTX 4090, Azoth

rathaROG
Level 7
My friend laptop GL752VW has this problem too. Black screen suddenly while using and I can't do anything with it. Force close Windows, and press the power button, nothing show on the screen even backlight key.

nandodean
Level 7
Mine turns black when I put some electronic device just in the gap to the left of the touchpad, under the keyboard. But as soon I put the electronic device off, it shows the image regulary. Has happened with ipad, iphone.... Still doesn't happen all the time. Must be some EM field, or maybe the closed-screen detector.