cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752: Games lag when not plugged in

Zcilo
Level 7
I just bought the ASUS 972 and I realized that when the laptop isn't plugged in, my games lag a lot and when i plug it in, everything is fine.
12gb mem
GTX965m
i7 6700
Also if anyone can give me tips on how to get the most performance out of my laptop that would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

diogogmaio
Level 7
It is a laptop to play games BUT you have to keep plugged in...all the times...so it is not that much of a laptop...it is more like a desktop "mobile"

Yes all G notebooks down clock with out being plugged in. This is to allow some time running on battery
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

cuniac
Level 7
This is normal, and for good reason. The 960/970/980m are some power hungry and heat inducing chips. If they were not clocked down when on battery two things would happen.

The first is the battery would drain very quickly, and while you might says that's ok, it actually drains so fast it can harm the life of the battery.

The second is these chip run very hot, if you take the heat from these chips and combine them with the heat of a rapidly discharging battery it can become to much in the confined space. While ASUS RoG laptop have best in industry cooling, It is still a lot of heat.