Threaded View

ROG Member Array

Asus Rampage V Extreme Bios/RAM Issue

Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to ask what is the difference between the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 and RAMPAGE V EXTREME?

Second, Why the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 has latest bios version 1502 and RAMPAGE V EXTREME has latest bios version 1701?

Third, I have the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1, i7 5820K, Gskill Ripjaws V 32GB @2800 4GBx8. My bios version was 1302 when i first got it.
    I installed all RAM modules and the PC booted posted all RAMs even after XMP enabled CPU downclocked to 2.9 while running all RAMs at 2800.
    Today i update the bios to 1502 booted my PC with a bunch of post codes showing up most common was the b7/67 code.
    After the update my PC was only showing i have 16GB RAM and the DIMM slots A1,A2,B1,B2 are not available.
    I took out my RAM sticks and installed one stick checking each slot, at first A1,B1, C1, D1 worked with the Black DIMMs giving post code 53 then after a while the red Dimms gave the same post code 53.
    Now I am only running 1 RAM stick, even putting in 2 or more rams in the same colored slots shows only 4GB of RAM installed.

I doubt my CPU pins broke or are bent or anything like that since it was working fine before and updating the bios caused this issue.
    I did check the PC by going back to 1401-1302 problem still persists.

List of qcodes ... .-.
    b7
    bf
    b4

OS is Win 10 64bit Pro. Please help me fix this issue.
    Last edited by 0Shin0; 11-28-2015 at 12:53 AM.