cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage V Extreme Bios/RAM Issue

0Shin0
Level 7
Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to ask what is the difference between the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 and RAMPAGE V EXTREME?

Second, Why the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 has latest bios version 1502 and RAMPAGE V EXTREME has latest bios version 1701?

Third, I have the RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1, i7 5820K, Gskill Ripjaws V 32GB @2800 4GBx8. My bios version was 1302 when i first got it.
I installed all RAM modules and the PC booted posted all RAMs even after XMP enabled CPU downclocked to 2.9 while running all RAMs at 2800.
Today i update the bios to 1502 booted my PC with a bunch of post codes showing up most common was the b7/67 code.
After the update my PC was only showing i have 16GB RAM and the DIMM slots A1,A2,B1,B2 are not available.
I took out my RAM sticks and installed one stick checking each slot, at first A1,B1, C1, D1 worked with the Black DIMMs giving post code 53 then after a while the red Dimms gave the same post code 53.
Now I am only running 1 RAM stick, even putting in 2 or more rams in the same colored slots shows only 4GB of RAM installed.

I doubt my CPU pins broke or are bent or anything like that since it was working fine before and updating the bios caused this issue.
I did check the PC by going back to 1401-1302 problem still persists.

List of qcodes ... .-.
b7
bf
b4

OS is Win 10 64bit Pro. Please help me fix this issue.
20 REPLIES 20

Pleot
Level 8
On my system, ram sticks tend to vanish when undervolted, found this out when trying to set ram voltage as low as possible on overclocking attempts... Its a shot in the dark but maybe if you had a quick glimpse at it...

Pleot wrote:
On my system, ram sticks tend to vanish when undervolted, found this out when trying to set ram voltage as low as possible on overclocking attempts... Its a shot in the dark but maybe if you had a quick glimpse at it...

Yeah but I didn't overclock anything, I was told to update bios before i go ahead and start overclocking.

The thing is CPU-z showed 32GB of RAM in quad channel when the system was just reading 16GB. In bios, RAM slots A1, A2, B1, B2 were listed as N/A. After struggling, I decided to go with just 1 slot even had issue with that (code 53 on Dimms).

Is there a way to like factory reset the bios if it went corrupt? I read the driver CD has the bios with the ROM on it, if it can reset the bios please let me know how to do this because EZ Flash and ROG connect did not resolve the issue after going back to the old version.

I could use bios 2 but when i boot with that I get no display and code 00.

kaese
Level 10
What happens when you use the "Safe Boot" switch on the board?

kaese wrote:
What happens when you use the "Safe Boot" switch on the board?

When i safe boot it gives me the same codes, b7/67, 53.

I've had similar problems with my 32GB corsair kit.

The Banks Right of the CPU stopped detecting my ram and only half appeared, couple of attempts at reseating seemed to fix it.

Also check your system agent voltages with your kit, you may need to up them also set the Dram voltages for your kit too.

Your Dimms should be seated into the red banks on the board.

To my knowledge there's no difference between the boards cept the 3.1 comes with a additional daughter USB board. (correction this seems to be incorrect, they have differences I'm unaware of and have separate bios's).

But overall this build has been the build from hell and I too am still having trouble getting a stable system at 3000mhz ram and a moddest overclock of 4.2ghz.

Hawkstorm wrote:
I've had similar problems with my 32GB corsair kit.

The Banks Right of the CPU stopped detecting my ram and only half appeared, couple of attempts at reseating seemed to fix it.

Also check your system agent voltages with your kit, you may need to up them also set the Dram voltages for your kit too.

Your Dimms should be seated into the red banks on the board.

To my knowledge there's no difference between the boards cept the 3.1 comes with a additional daughter USB board.

But overall this build has been the build from hell and I too am still having trouble getting a stable system at 3000mhz ram and a moddest overclock of 4.2ghz.

I already tried reseating RAM still a no go. 😕

The boards are same means the bios from R5E can be used on R5E/U3.1?

I am pretty sure this issue was caused by the bios update, since before doing that all my RAM sticks worked, any way to get the bios back to the way it was out of the motherboard box?

Clearing CMOS did not help.

0Shin0 wrote:
I already tried reseating RAM still a no go. 😕

The boards are same means the bios from R5E can be used on R5E/U3.1?

I am pretty sure this issue was caused by the bios update, since before doing that all my RAM sticks worked, any way to get the bios back to the way it was out of the motherboard box?

Clearing CMOS did not help.

No the bios's are different and I've read have other differences I'm not aware of other than the extra daughter board that comes with the 3.1.

1502 is the latest bios for the 3.1 (I have the same board), make sure you goto the correct support page for the 3.1 not the other Rampage V extreme.

But Chances are your kit is seated like mine is but like me your also getting the I'm going to drop some sticks out of the bios issue I'm having.

I increased my system agent voltage to 1.2v though tweak it in 0.01 volt steps see if that helps any with your sticks dropping out also setup the correct ram voltages for your kit both in the pre-boot voltages and eventual ones in the dram timings see if that stops it.

But ya I'm having a build from hell too with this board and had the same issue with both sticks of ram poping out of bios as well as disks dropping out of bios and the boot order.

Fun times NOT. lol

You could also perhaps try adding a little vcore and cache voltage along with system agent see if things improve, but system agent seemed to do the trick for me, and was required to even get my system towards being stable and stop the dropping.

Hawkstorm wrote:
No the bios's are different and I've read have other differences I'm not aware of other than the extra daughter board that comes with the 3.1.

1502 is the latest bios for the 3.1 (I have the same board), make sure you goto the correct support page for the 3.1 not the other Rampage V extreme.

But Chances are your kit is seated like mine is but like me your also getting the I'm going to drop some sticks out of the bios issue I'm having.

I increased my system agent voltage to 1.2v though tweak it in 0.01 volt steps see if that helps any with your sticks dropping out also setup the correct ram voltages for your kit both in the pre-boot voltages and eventual ones in the dram timings see if that stops it.

But ya I'm having a build from hell too with this board and had the same issue with both sticks of ram poping out of bios as well as disks dropping out of bios and the boot order.

Fun times NOT. lol

You could also perhaps try adding a little vcore and cache voltage along with system agent see if things improve, but system agent seemed to do the trick for me, and was required to even get my system towards being stable and stop the dropping.

Yup, RAM aside it also was not reading the extra 2 HDDs I added besides the SSD. Tho, did your board ask you to enable raid for your drive(s) instead of AHCI (which is default)? I regret updating the bios. And yes i did get the bios from the 3.1

Menthol
Level 14
Have you tried the second bios, these boards have 2 bios chips, little red button on bottom right of board