cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT - Speaker popping noise

Slavisha
Level 10
Hi Guys,
I just purchased G752VT in Micro-center for 1399 during the Black Friday. I noticed that speakers will make small popping noise now and then. It is like static and not that loud but me being picky it is bit annoying to me. Even if i am not playing anything i will hear it for no reason. First i thought it is driver issue so i tried to install newer driver, than i thought its maybe something with graphic card and sound driver that comes with Nvidia but that also didnt resolve the issue by updating graphic driver. So... i took the computer back to the Micro Center and returned and got another one... i got home and same thing is happening. I just wonder if anyone else noticed this or i have extremly bad luck. I can still return it but since i already set everything up as i want on the computer, i just wanted to see if this is something across all G752VT so i dont waste time returning it and setting it up again. I can just "learn to deal" with it.

Please let me know if your speakers are making sound while you not playing anything and even better if theres fix for this static...

Thanks,
Slav
22 REPLIES 22

toronto699
Level 13
popping is not normal , I saw a demo unit it had no popping sound that I could hear , I ordered a G752-VY but will be awhile before it arrives

Slavisha
Level 10
Yea, the problem you cant really hear it unless you are in completely silent room. I still have the option to return this machine within next 14 days but i am afraid if i take 3rd one i will hear the same thing again.
Even if i put the volume to zero, i can still here like once every minute or two, its the noise like when you play the song and when song is just about to start you hear the sound in speaker like they just got signal and about to start playing. I dont know how to really describe this.

toronto699
Level 13
I Know exactly what u mean , Some G751 laptops had same issue or similar speaker issue , I cannot say it was a driver issue , id say its a hardware issue . its up to u if u decide to keep it, nice gaming laptop though .

Yea, its nice, i added also Samsung 950 pro and i would expect this thing not to have issues considering how much i paid for it. I am afraid if i return and get 3rd one i will just face the same thing.... I just wonder if anyone else hearing this on their lap top.

toronto699
Level 13
here is what I would do check all G752 posts and PM those that have a G752 and ask

toronto699 wrote:
here is what I would do check all G752 posts and PM those that have a G752 and ask

Good point. I will try that too.

warryabel
Level 7
shame on asus nothing learned,same issues as 751...still stupid

warryabel wrote:
shame on asus nothing learned,same issues as 751...still stupid

bwahahahaha, it's just as I thought 😄 :rolleyes:
Seriosly though, why does ASUS neither release a fix for the g751 (software fix), nor fix it for the next generation (software or hardware fix).

Slavisha
Level 10
Ok, so i tried fix they had for g751 by editing registry part for power management of the Realtek and disabling UAC. So at this point i hear this noise only when i turn on let say Spotify and right before song starts, and i also hear it if i stop playing anything. Let say if stop the song and wait exactly 10s i will hear it one more last time and that's it until some other sound is about to play on lap top.
So it is something with sound card the way it acts with speakers once it gets signal and once its about to cut the signal if it is not in use.
I am going to the store to swap this one for another one... if i find that 3rd lap top has same thing i am giving up.
😞