cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero win 10 clean install

lolek74
Level 8
Hi all

I'm having a problem with windows installation. I tried to install win7 but installer couldnt see SSD or HDD. It stopped and asked for the driver. After i provided a driver all went well. I'm trying to clean install win10 but it just gives error message and it will not install. My HDD and SSD are connected to Intel ports and visible in BIOS. I tried EUFI and legacy mode but got the same result. I believe that Im missing driver/drivers. I was wondering if someone could help me with adding right driver for the installation or perhaps slipstream one into install.
4 REPLIES 4

JET_1983
Level 7
Just check the sata mode on the bios , if its changed on ide , then you should choose the ACHI mode for instal win 7 orc8 or 10 on ssd drives !

Try with usb flash disk for instaling fast ,
You only needs , usb flash + rufus software + dvd retail of windows or windows *.iso format .
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85

lolek74
Level 8
Thanks for the replies. I slipstreamed controllers drivers and windows installed without the hiccup.