cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cpu-Z and HWMonitor voltage not matching bios? (Hero VIII, 6700k)

Arron
Level 7
Hi,

I'm trying to find a comfortable mild overclock for my 6700k,
My current Bios (1102) setting is 4.4 @ 1.310 volts in manual mode however cpu-z and HWMonitor show it sitting on 1.328 then jumping to 1.360 under load.

Is there a setting I'm overlooking?, is cpu-Z misreading? or could the HeroVIII be suppling incorrect voltage?

any help is appreciated,
thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hello Arron

If you're running both HWMonitor and cpu-z at the same time they could be conflicting with each other, I only use cpu-z and trust that, try just using cpu-z and see what it says.

Arron
Level 7
thanks for the suggestion,
Unfortunately I only downloaded HWMonitor because cpu-Z was giving weird readings.

Antoshka
Level 7
Guys,

I had the same question and answer wasn't received ( I used only 1 program simultaneously, but results were different in all apps: AI shows one, CPU-Z\HWMonitor shows another - and these results can't be due to BIOS voltage border), so this question is open on my opinion.

Antoshka wrote:
Guys,

I had the same question and answer wasn't received ( I used only 1 program simultaneously, but results were different in all apps: AI shows one, CPU-Z\HWMonitor shows another - and these results can't be due to BIOS voltage border), so this question is open on my opinion.

Stick with CPU-Z. Make sure you're using the latest version.

I had this same issue and I see the fix mentioned here ocassionally, but not consistently. I am running 4.5 and 1.25v, but before I made this change, I was consistently running hot and in the 1.35-1.38 range.

In the bios, look for the CPU Load-Line Calibration option. It defaults to Level 7. i changed mine to Level 5 at first and since have adjusted it to Level 4.

More info Here: http://www.overclockers.com/load-line-calibration/

Don't disable it, but lowering it will likely stabilize your voltage in addition to your OC.

Tweak3D wrote:
I had this same issue and I see the fix mentioned here ocassionally, but not consistently. I am running 4.5 and 1.25v, but before I made this change, I was consistently running hot and in the 1.35-1.38 range.

In the bios, look for the CPU Load-Line Calibration option. It defaults to Level 7. i changed mine to Level 5 at first and since have adjusted it to Level 4.

More info Here: http://www.overclockers.com/load-line-calibration/

Don't disable it, but lowering it will likely stabilize your voltage in addition to your OC.

Thanks Tweak3D, that's some great information!
I set LLC to level 5 now I'm running 4.5 @ 1.250v with much lower temps, a HUGE improvement!
cpu-z now shows 1.248 - 1.264

Menthol
Level 14
The only true reading is going to be with a DVM, the bios will read what is entered, AIsuite should be fairly accurate but any and all software will have some percentage of variance that is to be expected
Personally I use AIDA 64 but it is still software and will have some degree of inaccuracy, it's a PC not a Lunar landing vehicle how accurate do you think your going to get

Antoshka
Level 7
Well, I have put 1.35 v for CPU Core Voltage Override (I used Chino's guide - very great manual), and CPU-Z/HWMonitor shows 1.44 as example (it's highest value from all view time). From another side AI Suite shows always less or equal 1.35... Of course I'm using the latest versions of apps=)